SAS

Soccerstudd5

Yup,all those measurements are at the neckdown for the splines. but the 33 Spline H233B shafts don't neck down.

and... nope not kidding, and it's more thatn just looking into.... it's more like the shafts are getting drawn up in the computer as we speak. :D

We are in the process of putting together a kit for Upgrading to 33 Spline Chromoly's with ARB Locker. [[stay Tuned]]

Edited by SteeevO

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

upgrading my short h233b (59 inches WMS to WMS) to a 33 spline with an ARB and Chromoly shafts??? i would much rather just pick up a newer pathfinder or xterra h233b (which is wider, like 63 inches WMS to WMS) and have upgraded shafts and an ARB....

again i do not have the money to pay for either upgrade right now (well maybe pick up a stock r50 rear axle) but ARB or chromolys will break the budget as of now...

i understand they are stronger than a stock 33 spline shaft. sorry if i came across otherwise.

All i was saying was that since i am using a D44 out of a late 70s F150 (HP and 65 inches WMS to WMS) is that i am now looking for a cheap 33 spline pathfinder H233b for added strength, and to match my front axle better until i can build up a 9 inch.

ah, that makes more sense now...

oh that t-case adapter project that kinda got dropped last year is back in the running and parts are being turned as we speak. should be testing very soon.

wow. thats awesome to hear. I am currently looking at the TX10 doubler, like how bgaidan has set his up, so i might be going that route because even with the 4.56/4.6 diff gear combo i will be running, i will be able to have a final dirve ratio of about 76.2 to 1 which is pretty nice. then i can save up for some calmini or AC tcase gears and be much much lower... like 147.1 to 1..... who knows, the possibilities are endless really.

So basically i really would be more interested in the upgraded longer (r50) 33 spline shafts. Then just save up for a ARB, but be welded rear till that time comes. so if you are getting shafts made, check for me and see how much extra it would be to make the r50 length ones as well :) just so i can hate myself for not making six figures.....

yeah i see what you are saying, with the 10:1 Atlas 4SP you will have around 190:1 i believe. but whatver floats your boat. this just means you have options.

and the shafts need to be done in a run to keep costs down, can't just make a pair a of shafts but if we can get my hands on a shaft so they can draw it up and give us quotes i wouldn't mind checking into it at all.