My first breakdown and McGuyver technique to get back up running!

NaturaTek

10pm'ish Friday night. My first breakdown in my first ride. Coming back from dropping off wireless network card to a friend, I stopped by on the way home to pick something up, got back in, pathy would not turn on. I didn't leave anything on to drain power. I checked lights and etc. Everything turn on. Remembering when I first got my pathy, the battery terminal was screwed, the guy told me to turn them/tap them to get a contact to keep driving. It worked until I got them replaced. Months later, I guess it happened again. So I popped hood and turned the terminal a bit. Pathy almost started. I tapped on the terminal a bit and BAM, it cracked right off, on the neck. leaving the loop around the term and the rest broke off evenly.

Dang, here i'm stranded on route22 in NJ. And at this time, my phone signaling its about to die, no charge left. Started to think..then up the road theres a Walmart that closes at 11pm. Figuring they probably had terminals I started walking up there. Looking at the time, started jogging,.time again, crap..running now. Got there just in time. Went to the auto section looked about the battery section, all they had was screw on side terminals. Talked to the auto guy and said thats all they have for now and left. LOL, I like when they tell me that..I usually keep looking on my own and find what I was looking for, but this time, no dice. Walmart closing in 5 minutes. Crap, been looking up and down and behind batteries and under them, maybe someone dropped one there. None.

The last moments I looked frantically in there hardware section, lol, just one wall of stuff. I saw this light glowing on top of a blisterpack of 9 assorted hose clamps. Picked that up. A small pack of tiny sheets of sandpaper, a 1$ dollar screw driver, a cheap needlenose plier and a bottle of sprite. Oh, and a granola bar to energy run back to pathy.

Back at pathy, I started removing cable from the half of the terminal and removed the other half off battery. I took the sandpaper and sanded around the terminal. I poured some sprite on the cable (I've heard before its good to clean corrosion on cable, and this side of battery was corroded like mofo) I brush sanded a bit the cable and the other thing attached with the cable. I then put the cable on top of terminal and took one of those hose clamp a size that fit over terminal..I pushed down on the cable on top of term, so when I pushed down, the cable wrapped on the side..I tightened a bit with flat driver then jammed in that other piece that was attached to cable on a bolt on other term. and tightened enough where it was nice and firm. Turned on pathy and fired right up. Drove home happily.

Next day I replaced mcGuyver terminal with a new one. I even bought a few extra and keep it in the action packer. I read somewhere to put a light glob of vaseline over terminals to stop/prevent corrosion. Havent done it yet, I'd rather not let chicks see a jar of vaseline in glove compartment..

Moral of the story, hell i don't even know. Walmart can save you with mcguyver techniques and KEEP a few extra battery terminals in your gear!