2nd opinion-32's or 31's ?

drifter

I am almost done with my cal mini 3 in suspension lift and calmini steering kit { 1994 4x4 path 5 spd thorley headers 2.25 exhaust },

15x8 5 in. back space rock crawler rims , ?? Do i go with 32x11.50 or do i go with 31x11.50 ?? i know the 32's will look good but will my performance take a dive, like rubbing issues, kill power, not be able to go off a curb with out bending the fenders etc...

31x11.50 plenty of clearence , ??? What would you do ???

I have 32x11.5 GY MTRs[ IIRC they are on 5" BS wheels also] I had to do quite a bit of fender trimming to keep them from rubbing at the lower corners; never had them dent the top of the fenders with a hard hit though.You can trim the corners with a 4" grinder. Good luck ! --glenn

^^ What he said.

I ran 32's with only a 3" suspension lift, and had some rubbing, but nothing was ever catastrophic. You CAN, however, hit the top lip of the fender if you compress the front suspension all the way. Something to keep in mind.

If I were to buy new tires for my 91, I would go with 32x10.5.... As it is running the 33x9.5's I rub a little when flexing with 4" of back spacing... I think your 5" back spacing will rub alot more than what I do...