AC UCAs

Charlie

So if I wanted to get a set of rough country UCAs, am I correct in saying that if I pair that up with AC 3" springs in the back I will get a true 3" lift. Also I have searched but I was just wondering how much wear a 3" lift causes on the rest of the truck, I know that it affects the center link as well as the idle arm, but is that it?

Am I right in thinking that it changes the angle (and therefore likely the wear) on the compression rod bushings as well?

Yes and no....

The front suspension only has a range of movement from upper bump stop to lower bump stop, any lift/lowering done to the truck does not change that. So as your front end flexes the angle on the compression rod continually changes all the time. So while sitting still, the angle might be slightly different than before, but it is still well within it's acceptable range of movement. So yes, the angle is different, but no it should not increase the wear on it.

Yes and no....

The front suspension only has a range of movement from upper bump stop to lower bump stop, any lift/lowering done to the truck does not change that. So as your front end flexes the angle on the compression rod continually changes all the time. So while sitting still, the angle might be slightly different than before, but it is still well within it's acceptable range of movement. So yes, the angle is different, but no it should not increase the wear on it.

I guess my thinking was that if it spends "more time" at the neutral position, then if this position is at a weird angle, the wear might increase. You're right that the angle it sits at isn't "out of the expected range." Anyway, not exactly a big deal anyway, if you keep on top of changing the bushings and sleeve then it's easy maintenance.