Oil Pressure Sensor Inquiry

LD50

From my understanding (did some searching) the red unit in my picture is the oil pressure sensor. Is the wire coming out of it supposed to be only 1 inch long? seems to me it should connect to something. My light came on yesterday while doing some moderate wheeling, so didn't take a chance and called AMA for a free tow. This morning, I started the pathy and no light, it was blinking yesterday fairly intermittently.

oilpressuresw.jpg

I'll have to bust out the pressure washer so i can actually see something then, time to look for severed wires!

Does anyone have a picture of what it SHOULD look like? Are there connectors or anything?

Edited by LD50

Yah it should... I just had mine replaced because it was leaking... but as it turn out its not the only thing leaking....

I guess I'll be breaking out the power washer also... :lmao:

Good luck

I'll have to bust out the pressure washer so i can actually see something then, time to look for severed wires!

Does anyone have a picture of what it SHOULD look like? Are there connectors or anything?

No connectors, except for the one that is at the sensor itself. The wire goes from the sensor and joins into a harness with the starter solenoid control wires (the ones that go to the connectors for the starter). Mine is isolated in what appears to be a plastic tube and then all of the wires are taped together to create the harness.

it gets baked and becomes brittle then it gets hit sometimes with the oil filter change...I broke mine like 3 diff times its a real PITA to get that connector back on there I think they intentionally made it difficult to hook up...

I ripped off the connector and soldered it. I did notice that the wires felt quite brittle. It's odd that the power wire out of the harness is so small and the one coming off the sensor is huge. oh well, fixed now.