Shock time

Loggingroad

I'm a total pathfinder newbie, and if this topic has been beaten to death, I'm sorry but:

I loaned my 94 pathy to my brother for the summer because i was going up to alaska to work in the bush. I come back to find out that my shocks are blown. so, time for new ones. I want something more rugged than the stock, and i just have a normal suspension. I drive on pretty rough roads and want something that will endure that. Any suggestions?

Best deal: 4wheelparts.com's Shocking Deal...4 Pro-Comp ES3000 shocks AND a steering stabilizer for around $140
That's what I currently have on my '87. It's definately a good deal. The shocks are a bit on the stiff side, but so are the Rancho 5000's.

The ES1000 is crap. Nobody buys it.

Put it to you this way. The ES3000s are dirt cheap and are considered acceptable. The ES1000's are half the price or less.. You get what you pay for...

Actually the ES1000 is only 30 cheaper from 4wheelparts. Did more reading and was about to delete my post. ES3000 has speed sensitive valving.

Edited by feloniousmonk

Actually the ES1000 is only 30 cheaper from 4wheelparts. Did more reading and was about to delete my post. ES3000 has speed sensitive valving.

what about the es9000? they are listed just a few more dollars more, but are 6000 more in es points :sly:

is it worth the extra 10 bucks? what is the difference? what springs would you guys suggest to go along with this for better performance (while keeping at stock height)? is there such?

Ive had both the 9000s and the 3000s. The 9000s are nitrogen charged which is a stiffer shock, perfect if you have a soft spring. I switched over to a 3000 shock which is cellular charged which means its a softer shock, perfect for applications like mine with a stiff spring. I run the AC springs on my r50. I love the ride now compaired to when i had the 9000 series shocks. But im thinking about getting some different shocks possibly some adjustable mx-6 remote reservoir shocks. Who knows..