Canadiandriver.com Review Of 90-95 Pathy

88pathoffroad

Way way way off topic. :offtopic:

I note ranting here too.

Off topic = a lockable or (in extreme cases) a deletable offense. Combine this with the rant factor and topic deletion is the only option left, that is if we are to be consistent anyway.

Isn't it? :shiftyeyes:

Did the beaver comment offend you vsicks?

No Pezzy, quite the opposite in fact. I love to love the beaver and in anyway possible. If only it could be bottled.... hmmmm....... there you go, you got me daydreaming. But! what a dream.

I was making a smartarse point pertaining to what may or may not be double standards that's all. :itsallgood:

Now back to that dream I was having. :tonguefinger: lol.

http://www.answers.com/topic/rant

Uh, no I don't agree that it is a rant. As for veering off topic, many posts tend to do that after a few submissions. That can be the nature of forums and what makes them so engaging, don't you agree?

It seems that you somehow missed the reason for my sh!tstir. Perhaps 88 will explain it to you. Feel free to catch up here too if you wish.

And to answer your question.... yes, I agree with you 110%. That is what makes what I said so poignant. :aok:

From Wikipedia...

"A rant is a widespread and distinctive phenomenon of emotional speech or writing in the form of a series of complaints or attacks, about a topic of interest, many times political in nature. Rarely, rants express great praise, defending an idea or a person from attack."

Now look at the original post and compare. :puterpunch:

Way way way off topic. :offtopic:

I note ranting here too.

Off topic = a lockable or (in extreme cases) a deletable offense. Combine this with the rant factor and topic deletion is the only option left, that is if we are to be consistent anyway.

Isn't it? :shiftyeyes:

*snic* Why yes, yes it is. Sorry for the unjustified rant, all.

^^^

(apology)

*snic* Why yes, yes it is. Sorry for the unjustified rant, all.

^^^

(apology)

I did not read it as such, just someone who was trying, based on their experience, to make a good review even better. And after the facts of the Canadian market were pointed out, he graciously acknowledged that he, in fact, did not know it all. We all learned something from this I hope. No need for 88 to apologize for anything.

See, I don't know it all. Mwuahahaha.

Fair dinkum, yep, that horrid swear word again, some of you lot need to go and find a sense of humour. If you can't find one please buy one.

And if you want to be pedantic trainman, show me the letter to the editor that he wrote apologising for pointing out incorrect sentence structure amongst other things. I certainly did see it. You seem to have though??? No good him saying sorry to us. He didn't set out to correct us did he?

Get over yourselves FFS. Seems the only one to "get it" was 88 himself. Hats off to him for being one of a few here that can see past their own belligerence.

Fair dinkum, yep, that horrid swear word again, some of you lot need to go and find a sense of humour. If you can't find one please buy one.

And if you want to be pedantic trainman, show me the letter to the editor that he wrote apologising for pointing out incorrect sentence structure amongst other things. I certainly did see it. You seem to have though??? No good him saying sorry to us. He didn't set out to correct us did he?

Get over yourselves FFS. Seems the only one to "get it" was 88 himself. Hats off to him for being one of a few here that can see past their own belligerence.

Here is how I saw this whole thing:

88 reads a review by CanadianDriver (a web based automotive magazine that deals primarily with Canadian content or issues of Canadian interest) of used 90-95 Pathfinders and believes it is inaccurate in several ways. He sends them an e-mail noting the issues in detail. He gets a reply back from CD politely pointing out that as a Canadian web site, they review Canadian models. So 88 then asks Canadian NPORA members if we had ever had 2wd Pathfinders.

As good forum members, we Canadians were happy to let 88 know that we do indeed get different vehicles than the US. That should be the end of the story. But it gets a second life....

Your posted a definition of a "rant":

From Wikipedia...

"A rant is a widespread and distinctive phenomenon of emotional speech or writing in the form of a series of complaints or attacks, about a topic of interest, many times political in nature. Rarely, rants express great praise, defending an idea or a person from attack."

Now look at the original post and compare. :puterpunch:

88's original post does not meet your definition as it is not a "series of complaints", it was one complaint that was dealt with.

So 88's post is not a rant, so 88 has nothing to apologize for, hence my post saying just that.

But your series of posts on this topic, plus the personal jab at me and others (I will let the "pedantic" comment slide, I am an auditor and can get caught up in little details) makes you the one who is ranting.

Anyway, I am done, the turkey will be in the oven tomorrow for a nice early Thanksgiving. Hope you have a good one too, Vsicks or whatever you celebrate down under in October. I understand the British do not celebrate Thanksgiving at all, maybe it is just a NA thing?

• 1 month later...
Yep, as noted, NO 2wd drive Pathfinders of any generation in Canada, W or R series, 2 or 4 door.

Also different trim levels as well, so the differences mentioned in the article and 88's comments are probably both true, depending on what side of the border you are on.

I also thought it was a polite reply from CD and good comments from 88.

PS: Frame rust is not an issue in Western Canada but due to long distances between gas stations, fuel tank size could be. We have lots of Check Your Fuel Next Service xxx km signs here :tongue:

We have the two wheel as well as the four wheel drives in the utes, both two and four door but no Pathy's in 2WD.

I understand you guys don't get the Nissan Patrol over there - very popular here. A standard tank in one of those is 90 litres and is apparently exactly the same fitment as the Pathy, it just hangs slightly lower. Even all the senders and everything just apparently plug in - straight swap. If you do have them over there and long distances could be a problem try and source one of them.

We often have them getting thrown out over here when owners swap them for much larger long range tanks.

Just a thought for you.