No Wonder My Frontend Was Shaking

josh

Has anyone ever seen this part brake?

Picture673.jpg

From the nissan manual its the strut rod. But ive seen other names for it to compresion rod, etc. I need one of these and having a hard time finding one which leads me to belive these are dealer only.

feel free to discuss

Back to searchin.

Josh

thats the Compression Rod if I'm not mistaken...do as suggested and check your frame for wear where it connects...I'm going to guess its find b/c of the bushing but if i is worn you will need to probably have it blown out and have a sleeve welded in or something to that affect...

thanks for the info guys, now if I can find one, that will be even better.

the frame looked fine where it connected.

Im gonna replace the bushings on both of these when I get one to replace this one. As well as inspect the other side.

Now if some one has one pleaseeeeeeeee let me know

Josh

speaking of shaking... does anyone else's hood rattle around while driving? the sound is annoying.

and has anyone else broken the bottom half of the bracket that holds the sway bar to the frame? that makes an annoying sound too :thumbsdown:

Dealer or junkyard (inspect it first!).

and has anyone else broken the bottom half of the bracket that holds the sway bar to the frame? that makes an annoying sound too

Yep, bent/broke both brackets on the last trail run. :rolleyes: Oops...

hah. idk how/when i broke mine. i don't even know if i even broke them myself. i've only had my pathy for a year and i haven't noticed til now :shrug:

I noticed some extra lean after the trip, then found one busted up bracket, but the other looked ok. Replaced, drove, then found the other fubar'd as well. Grrr. Its noticably sloppy with it busted compared to being firm before, cause I swapped out most of the front suspension bushings for poly a while back.