Evap Problem

black98

I checked my codes today and I came up with P0440, Evaporative emission control system malfunction and P1448, Vent Control Valve (from Link) So my question is where are these, and how do I replace them? Thanks.

Edited by black98

i believe that is your charcoal canister if they have one of those? but from that link it looks you have a vaccum leak somewhere dealing with emissions...

did you just fill up it could be the gas cap?

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gen...malfunction.php

Edited by unccpathfinder

Nah I didn't just fill up, the SES light has been on for a month or two and goes off and on some times. I always make sure to tighten the cap as tight as I can before it clicks, but I think the evap canister is a charcoal canister. But I'm not sure.

it is possible to have a bad gas cap but it's more likely that you have a leak somewhere else...and yea the evap can is the same as the charcoal I googled around and found a bunch of stuff on maxim's and altima's so I believe the same issues could be present in the pathy b/c they are ultimately the same systems as far as powerplants

The canister is located between the left rear wheel well and the rear bumper, under the body. You may need to remove the mud flap and the plastic wheel well liner to fully access it.