Newb In Va

thethirdjq

Hello all,

my new pathfinder is being dropped off tomorrow. I had to get something while being in VA for the next two years for grad school since my last car was totaled in a hit and run my first week here and why not make it be fun and get 4x4.

the new ride is a 93 pathfinder auto, w/ 188,000 on it. yeah, a lot of miles, but i know these trucks can take it - which is why i wanted it over any other suv.

I am not looking to do too many mods since there are so many miles. I would like to get a brushguard and maybe a roofrack. It would be great to replace the suspension, but there isn't a budget for anything.

I look forward to learning some stuff about this vehicle mainly to keep it running and maybe the occasional off road trip.

My old ride:

IMG_0002.jpg

My ride as of saturday at noon.

IMG00027.jpg

IMG00026.jpg

Nice colour :aok:

hehehehe..............

oh, ahem! welcome to the family! sorry to hear about your other car getting hit, hope they catch the person who hit your car.

enjoy the pathy, she will take care of you :aok:

I got the vehicle now. Can't drive it yet bc I won't have insurance on it til tomorrow, but anyways...

What do you guys suggest getting done to the vehicle for service? The last owner took care of it, but was in no way intelligent when it came to cars and trucks.

I am thinking of getting the typical 30,000 mile service, coolant flush, transmission flush, and hopefully that will be it. I am worried about the timing belt, but that is an expense that I don't know if I can take on at this moment.

I could probably take on a good bit of this work if I can find the time for it but will probably have a certified mechanic do most of the work.

Any other issues I need to be aware of? I have been studying and searching the forums and have read the debates on flushing the transmission and will go ahead and get it done. I have inspected the frame, and of course there is some rust, but nothing a small hammer knocked through - thankfully.

thanks for the good welcome. sorry for the rambline post.

if you can make the time, you can do the t-belt :crossedwires:

i would do the t-belt, h2o pump, t'stat, change all fluids, clean the MAF sensor, and plugs n wires if needed.

tex, WHEN are you just gunna "show it off" :tonguefinger: