Lightbulbs Seized

AlMac

hey guys,

went to change signal light bulbs today, but couldn't get the bulbs outta the housing... they look siezed in there.

tried wd40, but no luck.

Im afraid ill brak em if i force em too hard.

suggestions?

laterez

Did you get the ring loosened off? IF so, it's just a rubber o-ring holding them in their sockets. Just pull. If it's the ring you can't loosen off, you can turn them pretty hard without breaking them.

hey guys,

actually i found that i had to remove the amber lens from front of the housing to get to the bulb.

the bulb is not removeable from the rear of the housing. I could not see a gasket inside the housing at all or a ring.

It looks like the socket has rust on it.

i tried the push twist method, but the bulb didnt move at all in any direction, including the movement of pushing it inward!

Wow, never been so embarassed to change a silly turn signal bulb. :blush02:

I've had mine get rusted in on my 95 and my 87 but with enough twisting they came loose...1 time the bulb broke loose from the base but no biggie...I guess I could have mentioned that you remove it from the front but I didn't really think about that...

when you finally get it out and replaced I would put some of that dielectric grease on it to keep it from rusting/corroding b/c a lot of times I would have to pull my bulb and clean the contacts and it would continue to work...