I Have A Voltmeter

TruBlu

Ok, so I've had the beater Pathy for a few days now and I was driving it through the rain the other day and when I put on my turn signals my A/T Fluid Temp light/buzzer and "Brake" light came on instead. Now that I "think" it's dried out it's still doing it.

Is this a common occurence with these? I have a multimeter and I'm very capable of using it but if someone could give me a kick start as to where to point it that would be awesome! I'm guessing engine bay because the issue started when it was raining but I know that can also mean nothing LOL

4x4

SE

my A/T Fluid Temp light/buzzer and "Brake" light came on instead

Now your making me think, that or instead of the turn indicator on the dash flashing, your AT/Brake light flashed???

The only time I can remember seeing those on at the same time, was typically after my Alt belt broke....

Its late, ive had 6 shots of Vodka with 6 tsp of Pepper.....

So why didn't my batt light come on? I will check the alternator for charging voltage tomorrow.

Forgot to mention, everything else fully functions including my hazards.

Edited by TruBlu

Alright, I will check it when I get to work today.....I honestly don't think it is the alternator but hey, I hope you guys can make me eat my hat! I would much rather spend 50-100 and 15 minutes replalcing an alternator then 25 man hours looking for a short. LOL

Dammit.... Did you check the ECU Codes?

Maybe I did have to much Pepper....

No codes but tomorrow I'm going to pick up a new flasher can and a spool of wire. It's just going to be easier to wire an entire new circuit then try to fault find it.

2hours for a brand new fully functioning circuit vs. 115hours of fault finding to repair a 13yo old circuit....I know which way I'm going. LOL