Privacy Curtain / Cargo Cover

onin

Hello folks!

Just wondering if your pathfinders came with a privacy curtain that covers the cargo area behind the rear seats.

I have been searching the net for some but I can't find an aftermarket or factory option product out there.

I did however, stumble across someone's photos and saw a cover...could it be that this was a custom job?

I want to add a cover, any ideas?

• 5 months later...
Hello folks!

Just wondering if your pathfinders came with a privacy curtain that covers the cargo area behind the rear seats.

I have been searching the net for some but I can't find an aftermarket or factory option product out there.

I did however, stumble across someone's photos and saw a cover...could it be that this was a custom job?

I want to add a cover, any ideas?

I'm looking for the same thing..I have a 91...anyone have ideas/photos they can share?

Nissan never made one; there's nothing in the parts manual about one, nor is there provision for one - the Z31 300ZX, which has a similar rear configuration to the Pathfinder, has one, but the rear panels are clearly configured for it. Ours aren't.

I would imagine that one isn't too hard to make. You might even be able to adapt the one off a 300ZX. That said, if you have an internally carried spare, it's going to be difficult.

My 02 came with one, perhaps you could get one of those from a wrecker and adapt it? I would measure your panel separation and go wrecker shopping. You may need to remove your panels and re-inforce the back side for the mounting provisions though.

Or just tint your windows. :D

My 02 came with one, perhaps you could get one of those from a wrecker and adapt it? I would measure your panel separation and go wrecker shopping. You may need to remove your panels and re-inforce the back side for the mounting provisions though.

Or just tint your windows. :D

To clarify - the WD21 (87-95) never came with a cover, but the R50 *could* have one.

It's the single advantage the R50 has over the WD21. :P

I have been thinking about doing that myself, making my own cover, well actually adapting one from a different car. just find the a vehicle that is as wide in the inside as the pathy's, just fabricate some hooks to hold them. maybe cruise by the hardware isle of the home depot and find something in there that will hold the four corners.

i am thinking about the subaru legacy or foresters., they look like the same size as our pathy's

A few years back a guy on AC had one out of a caR-50 that he installed in his WD. Sounds like it wasn't too hard to do/adapt.

I think limo tint is better, less crap to find a place for when you fold the seats flat.

To clarify - the WD21 (87-95) never came with a cover, but the R50 *could* have one.

It's the single advantage the R50 has over the WD21. :P

So you don't like horsepower and torque? :tongue:

I knew his didn't conme with one, just throwing out ideas.

BTW, I agree with the fact that the thing is in the way though. In the R50s, or at least mine, there is a gap of several inches between the mounting points of the privacy cover and the back of the seats - I presume this is for child restraint anchors. Part way thru '02 they changed anchor system (L.A.T.C.H.) that and had anchor points in the seats, perhaps the 03s up have a different configuration then, would be neat to know....

So you don't like horsepower and torque? :tongue:

I knew his didn't conme with one, just throwing out ideas.

BTW, I agree with the fact that the thing is in the way though. In the R50s, or at least mine, there is a gap of several inches between the mounting points of the privacy cover and the back of the seats - I presume this is for child restraint anchors. Part way thru '02 they changed anchor system (L.A.T.C.H.) that and had anchor points in the seats, perhaps the 03s up have a different configuration then, would be neat to know....

The R50 also weighs more, so that offsets it. And, well, it's a CAR, not a truck. Trucks have frames, cars don't. :P

It's a pretty good offroad car, though. :D

In addition, the WD21 could have 4 wheel disc brakes, which were more effective than drums. Given a choice between more go-power and more stop-power from the factory, I'll take stopping, thanks.

The R50 also weighs more, so that offsets it. And, well, it's a CAR, not a truck. Trucks have frames, cars don't. :P

In addition, the WD21 could have 4 wheel disc brakes, which were more effective than drums. Given a choice between more go-power and more stop-power from the factory, I'll take stopping, thanks.

Strangely enough, since I've driven a wd21 with disk brakes, and one with drums, and an r50, I'd have to say the stopping power is only marginally better with the disk brakes. Unfortunatly, in all three trucks I've had come into brake slamming situations :unsure: , but the rear drums last longer and since I'm lazy, its a good combo. Although I do like the simplicity of replacing the 4 wheel discs on my 93.

But to answer the original question, I don't think it'd be too hard, like grimgreg said, to rig something up with an r50 cover, as the dimensions are probably nearly the same. (width)

Brakes? Mah, those just slow ya down. :)

Admittedly, I'd pick the WD21 for more serious off-roading. For urban use, the R50 is nice and quiet with a smooth ride, easy to use all-mode 4x4 - it makes my wife happy.

Ok, I have hi-jackedthis thread long enough, I will go bother someone else.

my advice is tint the windows. First thing i did when i got my pathy. I went 5% on the back 3 and 20% on the rear passenger doors. The 5% provides incredible darkness to keep away wondering eyes and the 20 in the back keeps a very factory look that is darker than avg, but the cops wont give u trouble with it. total price at a shop, $140.