Quiet M/t Tires

Digitalripsta

A friend of mine just got the Kumho Road Venture MT's, and says they're REALLY quiet. He's comparing those to the Goodyear MTR's. I can't comment on treadwear, as he just put them on, but they seemed to work well for him on the trail.

http://www.kumhotire.ca/tires/details.php?...22&ptn=KL71

Edited by Simon

A friend of mine just got the Kumho Road Venture MT's, and says they're REALLY quiet. He's comparing those to the Goodyear MTR's. I can't comment on treadwear, as he just put them on, but they seemed to work well for him on the trail.

I have 30x9.5 MTR's on my rig and I love them!! I don't think they are too loud at all, and they perform great in all conditions. They have almost 20k on them and have not shown much tread wear! I'm very impressed.

Yeah, I'm quite happy with my Dayton Timberline MT's as well. Basically the same tire as the Destination MT's mentioned above, only cheaper. Same company making them, and almost the exact same tread pattern.

I am running Nankang Mudstar's

They are still noisy like a regular mud tire, much noisier than the BFG AT i last had.

But i'd like to mention them, as the tread life is excellent on these! I put over 30k on my last set, and they still had around 35% tread left when I ditched them!

n-889.jpg

They do great in mud and snow, but dig down too easily on soft sand like in Baja. I want to get a wide set of BFG AT's for my Baja trips.

What about an A/T Tire that handles well in the mud?. My buddy has the BFG A/T KO ...The tread seems to fill quickly and don’t self clean very well....He relies heavily on his winch.

With my experience with my REVO's, mud and AT does not mix well for the same exact reason you mentioned.