Lsd Oil Question

lyzic

So i have a rear LSD, meaning I need to fill the rear w/ LSD specific oil.

However, the front differential takes just regular dif. oil right, I can't use the same oil as the back LSD? I'm looking through the service manual, and I think they don't say anything because it's obvious, but I want to make sure.

And anyone know what wrench I need to get those plugs off, I can't find the dimension for it...

Thanks

And anyone know what wrench I need to get those plugs off, I can't find the dimension for it...

Thanks

1/2" square drive. Remove the fill plug before you remove the drain plug.

So i have a rear LSD, meaning I need to fill the rear w/ LSD specific oil.

However, the front differential takes just regular dif. oil right, I can't use the same oil as the back LSD?

I might be wrong, but I believe that you can use any gear oil that meets lsd requirements in both the front and rear. You don't have to buy specific lsd gear oil for the rear and non-lsd gear oil for the front. :shrug:

I might be wrong, but I believe that you can use any gear oil that meets lsd requirements in both the front and rear. You don't have to buy specific lsd gear oil for the rear and non-lsd gear oil for the front. :shrug:

hmmmm i would like to know too,

i got lsd specific 80w-90 for the lsd rear, and 75w90 for the front which said it'd work.

basically the manual said API GL-5 requirements but doesn't list oil viscosity...same with ATF fluid...it says use Nissan Type D but if you don't buy from the nissan dealer that isn't much help