Utah Anyone?

Spacejas

I was wondering if there was anyone from Utah/Las vegas area that does wheeling around these part. Me and a friend (with a Jeep) LOL are interested in wheeling around with a group or something. Hmm maybe I should start one up.

I haven't seen any sort of group or gathering, or hell even a pathy in general around these parts.

:wtf:

Thanks

they are out there. one of our members just moved to LV and was lookin for peeps to wheel with.. in this very section... there are a couple other members in utah and surrounding areas.. maybe check out the members page.. even though it's not updated, there are members out there. :beer:

Nice... Heck If i had the free time, I would totally come out with ya to moab next time you guys head that way. I've never been there before...

Yes Yes I know AND i live this close... Argggg :stickwack::ohno01:

• 5 weeks later...

I went wheeling once near Brian Head ski resort.... got stuck in the snow, mid-blizzard, for several hours while we dug....

stayed in a Motel in Cedar City....

Its a beautiful place. The crazy parts for me, were how everything is closed already by 10pm.... am I crazy or is that the norm over there? Also, is the beer weaker in Utah?? It tastes surprisingly watered down.

Does anybody know any good wheeling spots near there? I can see "Zion" on the map. Is 4x4 allowed there? How about Parowan and Paragonah?

Does anybody know any good wheeling spots near there? I can see "Zion" on the map. Is 4x4 allowed there? How about Parowan and Paragonah?

Can't 4-wheel in Zion NP. However, there's some very scenic off-road trails in that region. Use google to search for:

"Coral Pink Sand Dunes"

"Moquith Mountain 4x4"

"Parowan 4WD"

There are lots of unpaved backroads to explore near Kanab, UT (east of Zion NP).

CoralPinkUtahMap.gif

For anyone truly interested in exploring Utah's backcountry, I strongly recommend purchasing this book.

Edited by XPLORx4

Its a beautiful place. The crazy parts for me, were how everything is closed already by 10pm.... am I crazy or is that the norm over there? Also, is the beer weaker in Utah?? It tastes surprisingly watered down.

All of the alcohol is weaker and more expensive in Utah (hard alcohol is 20% in Utah!). Mormans don't believe in drinking alcohol you know.

My friends band played in Utah, they said it was impossible to get drunk there. One of the band members was doing shot after shot and barely got buzzed.

Yeppers the Beer is watered down... Only 3.2% on beer, Most of the hard liquor is the same as other places though... But don't quote me on that. Seems watered down as well.

I only wish there was more than "desert" offroading here. I like to get up in the Pine Trees and fun stuff like that. Sand wheeling is not as fun to me. :P