Amsoil Atd And Severe Gear

bajapathy

Hi all, this is my first post, :puterpunch: ,

Just bought a new (to me) white 1996 SE 4x4 with 60,000 miles, perfectly maintained, including the fuel filter. Plan on taking it to Baja, so mild offroading and sand/beach trekking. Been reading previous posts, want to AMSoil the drivetrain, and was wondering if anyone is running the ATD and/or the severe gear as opposed to the regular synthetic ATF and gear lube. Overkill?

Automatic Transmission and Transfer Case:

Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid versus Torque-Drive™ Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATD)

Differential, Front and Controlled Slip Differential, Rear:

75W-90 or Severe Gear 75W-90

Thanks

You're better off using ATF, not ATD:

How does Torque-Driveâ„¢ compare to AMSOIL Synthetic Transmission Fluid (ATF)?

Torque-Driveâ„¢ was created to satisfy the concerns of customers currently using TranSynd®, and it carries with it the confidence to be used for the intervals established by Allison. AMSOIL ATF is a more advanced product with universal applications such as Mercon V and ATF +4. AMSOIL does not recommend draining or switching to Torque-Driveâ„¢ unless the Allison customer intends on following the extended drain interval recommendations of Allison.

My Pathy is using Amsoil ATF, which I added as part of a full tranny flush. I spent over $100 for the 9+ quarts needed to fully flush the tranny. A drain and fill doesn't change all the fluid.

I'm also using the 75W90 severe gear oil in both diffs. I don't have an LSD, so I don't know if SVG is LSD-compatible.

No problems with either.

Edited by XPLORx4

Let me know if you ever want to hit a day of baja wheeling.

I am in San Diego, and frequent baja from the border down to San Felipe and Puertocitos. I plan to do the full Baja 1000 some day (at my own pace :tonguefinger: )

Let me know if you ever want to hit a day of baja wheeling.

I am in San Diego, and frequent baja from the border down to San Felipe and Puertocitos. I plan to do the full Baja 1000 some day (at my own pace :tonguefinger: )

Will do. Looking forward myself to hitting Cabo San Quintin, Punta Abreojos, Camalu, etc, need a decent sand-runner to get there, hence the Pathfinder.

Crap. Looks like we should start a baja club!

I've done a little bit of sand running down there. FUN! Now that I got the wife used to offroading and got the QX ready to go, I think it's time.

Excellent idea, safety in numbers in Baja. I am planning a few surf trips per year there with the teenage kids and (hopefully) The Wife. I only have one more R50 pathfinder to buy (seriously...). I want a low mileage non-towing SE pathy with the tire carrier, just like the one I just bought.

I'm in Bev Hills, sounds like you are in the South Bay. I'll keep peeps here posted on my fall/winter trip planning. Feel free to do the same

Cheers,

Gary