Fuel Pressure Gauge

AlMac

Has anyone thought of putting in s fuel pressure gauge to monitor their fuel pump/fuel filter? :shrug:

If this can be done, where/how would the sensor be put in, between the pump and the engine?

and what kind of sensor can be used?

and would a special adaptor be required for the sensor?

thanks guys.

Has anyone thought of putting in s fuel pressure gauge to monitor their fuel pump/fuel filter? :shrug:

If this can be done, where/how would the sensor be put in, between the pump and the engine?

and what kind of sensor can be used?

and would a special adaptor be required for the sensor?

thanks guys.

It can be done.

You can put the sensor in (via a T adapter) where the fuel feed hose meets the fuel rail.

I recommend an electric unit, not a mechanical one - a mechanical would be piping gasoline into the interior. You will need a gauge that can read at least 100psi (due to spike pressures in the system).

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

It can be done.

You can put the sensor in (via a T adapter) where the fuel feed hose meets the fuel rail.

I recommend an electric unit, not a mechanical one - a mechanical would be piping gasoline into the interior. You will need a gauge that can read at least 100psi (due to spike pressures in the system).

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

Cool.

But where would you mount it?

The fuel pressure regulator should keep it steady if you hook into the fuel line after the regulator, on a VG30i pressure is 36 psi, on the VG30E it should be 43 IIRC.

That won't give you any advance warning of impending fuel pump failure until the pressure drops off below the regulator's pop-off pressure.

I'm actually thinking of drilling holes for my after market gauges right into my passenger side dash, on the front face above the glove box.

Can't think of any other good place to put em where they won't get ripped off...

Anyone know what's behind the front face of the dash, above the glove box? :unsure:

Is there steel support behind there, or just plastic and foam?

thoughts?