Outside Tempreture

merlinx

I have a 97 Pathfinder. I noticed that the outside temprtature always reads about 10 degrees hotter than it is. Im wondering if there is a fix to this? Can I re locate it? I dont even know where it is.

it is located in front of car back of front bumper.

I think the sensor is located below the hood latch, attached to the vertical support bar.

I have one, but I do not have an outside temp guage inside my vehicle. Where is the guage usually located, and can I just get one and plug it in concidering the wiring is probably there anyway?

Thanks XPLORx4. I have the sunroof, so I would have to find an upper console that fits that roof.

I have the sunroof, too, so with proper wiring, the console shown will work on yours, too.

Mine is usually about on. But i added my own factory temp gauge and placed the sensor right inside/behind the nissan logo on the front grille. The stock place seemed too close to the radiator which would probably be why yours is a little inaccurate.

Mine is usually about on. But i added my own factory temp gauge and placed the sensor right inside/behind the nissan logo on the front grille. The stock place seemed too close to the radiator which would probably be why yours is a little inaccurate.

What do you mean "your own" Did you buy one from Nissan or did you use a generic one? If so where did you get it. Also is the OEM a certain color? I think I looked there and there were 2 sensors. Can you help me identify which one it is? thanx

i went to the junkyard and got one out of a 96 LE with the grey interior to match mine. removed the sunroof switches then took the blank from my regular non temp one and stuck it on the one with the temp gauge. idk what sensor is the one for the gauge on yours. All i know is the temp gauge only uses 1.