Drilled Rotor Fyi

GrnMchn

I just installed some Power Stop drilled rotors last weekend on the pathy with some green stuff pads. I just want to let people know that if you do this your callipers may rub your wheels if you have 15" wheels. The drilled rotors are a little thicker and with new pads the calliper rubbed like a MOFO on the black 15" rockcrawlers. I ground the driver side calliper down and now it's all good but damn I was nervous until I found out it was just a rubbing calliper and not a fawked up installation on my part.

But your stock wheels were 16's weren't they? When I swapped in my brembo drilled rotors a few years back, I didn't run into any issues since I stayed with 15's.

Edit: on a side note, I recall reading that drilled rotors are not supposed to be turned...can someone verify this?

Edited by DJ Dank

I just installed some Power Stop drilled rotors last weekend on the pathy with some green stuff pads. I just want to let people know that if you do this your callipers may rub your wheels if you have 15" wheels. The drilled rotors are a little thicker and with new pads the calliper rubbed like a MOFO on the black 15" rockcrawlers. I ground the driver side calliper down and now it's all good but damn I was nervous until I found out it was just a rubbing calliper and not a fawked up installation on my part.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I did as you suggested and went with 15" over 16" also, and my next project is a similar conversion to better rotors. I'm curious what backspacing you had, and if you had any pics of your grind job? thanks again. Great warning to have. I would have shat myself lol.

I did go from 16" stock to 15" steelies with 3.75" back space. I don't have any pictures of the ground down callipers but it was only about 1/16 to 1/8" at most taken off. I do also have about 1/16" groove around the inside of one of the wheels.