Power Bleeder

arctic_mark

Has anyone used the Motive Products Power Bleeder system to flush and refill their brake fluid? Seen a couple for sale on E-Bay and they look pretty good. It relies on positive pressure in the bleeder pump reservoir to force fluid through the lines.

http://www.motiveproducts.com/02bleeders.html

Import_Power_Bleeder_Small.JPG

Also, I was thinking, would it work for flushing your ATF? I want to drop the pan, new gasket, flush the fluid while adding an external cooler etc etc. Reading on the forum here I see that you can run the engine and cycle through the gears to pump the fluid out through the line that runs to the cooler in the stock rad, BUT it doesn't suck new fluid back in through the return line. Could you use the power bleeder system to pump fluid into the return line from the cooler to stop the tranny from emptying out, thus truely flushing it rather than just replacing the fluid? Would this cause problems? Has anyone done this?

Advice would be great.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by arctic_mark

I've got one of these. Works great and it was fairly cheap

648532w.gif

Vacuum/Pressure Pump & Brake Bleeding Set

Checks vacuum and pressure

Checks vacuum operated automotive components

Can be used to bleed hydraulic systems or siphon fluids

Special vacuum/pressure release mechanism

Includes integrated vacuum/pressure gauge

Hydraulic fluid reservoir with storage lid

Assorted adapters

Operating instructions included

I have the Motive bleeder. It works well, but on the Nissan you need to use the universal adapter (in your pic on the right) on the MC. It can be difficult to get a good seal, but once everything is sealed properly it makes bleeding the brakes a breeze. Don't overpressurize the system; I usually pump it up to 8-10psi. You can also download the instructions from the motive sight if they don't come with the unit.

Edited by Steve_RI

I bought a harbor freight air powered bleeder system. It works awesome. It has a bottle with various adapters for the master cylinder that holds a quart of brake fluid. I did my entire brake system in about 2 min and the petal was hard as a rock when i was done. I no longer look at brake bleeding as a hated job. and it comes with a universal adapter that works on the nissan, honda, hyundai, kia. At least that is what i have used it on so far.

Mark

Has anyone used the Motive Products Power Bleeder system to flush and refill their brake fluid? Seen a couple for sale on E-Bay and they look pretty good. It relies on positive pressure in the bleeder pump reservoir to force fluid through the lines.

http://www.motiveproducts.com/02bleeders.html

Import_Power_Bleeder_Small.JPG

Also, I was thinking, would it work for flushing your ATF? I want to drop the pan, new gasket, flush the fluid while adding an external cooler etc etc. Reading on the forum here I see that you can run the engine and cycle through the gears to pump the fluid out through the line that runs to the cooler in the stock rad, BUT it doesn't suck new fluid back in through the return line. Could you use the power bleeder system to pump fluid into the return line from the cooler to stop the tranny from emptying out, thus truely flushing it rather than just replacing the fluid? Would this cause problems? Has anyone done this?

Advice would be great.

Cheers

Mark

yeah, you can flush the tranny. find 88's post on the tranny cooler mod and he explains how he did it. as i recall it was highly sophisticated method using a 5gal bucket and those return lines. lol

Yup, that's exactly what I want to do, but don't like the idea of the tranny sucking dry as it pumps the fluid out into the bucket. As far as I can gather, it wouldn't be able to pump new fluid back in unless you pumped it in yourself.

Mark