Engine Upgrades

Biosphere

I want to do an upgrade on my engine so I can get more torque, since I am running 35's the motor performance is not bad but it needs more torque, I have an automatic transmission which I like. I want to do headers, venom 400 module, and cams. Do you think it would give me about 50 ft-lbs of torque at least or maybe more. Also what else can I do to get more torque. 5.142 gears?

Edited by Biosphere

FYI: the Venom module is probably not going to help. It's one of those "Let's trick the ECU into feeding more fuel to the engine" mods that only wastes gas. I have my doubts about it's power-adding properties as well.

Headers, intake, a good exhaust and cams are a sure ticket for better power. Cams help out a lot after you've got the headers and all. An ECU upgrade after that will be the icing on the cake. No idea on total numbers after all that but it can't be far short of your goal. You can also advance timing a few degrees and see how she runs, sometimes it will ping(detonate) with advanced timing, so take it easy on the advance. Running 89 octane will help in that department. ;)

In other news, how the hell did you fit 35's on there with only a 3" body lift? PICS!! ;)

Also, a high flow CAT is a good option. Gave me much more power but that may be because I have a pre CAT and main CAT and both were clogged. We took out the pre CAT and put in a federal pipe.

Wish I could use my cams :( Once my warranty for the new engine is up, I will do the Cam thing again most likely with an ECU upgrade.

FYI: the Venom module is probably not going to help. It's one of those "Let's trick the ECU into feeding more fuel to the engine" mods that only wastes gas. I have my doubts about it's power-adding properties as well.

Headers, intake, a good exhaust and cams are a sure ticket for better power. Cams help out a lot after you've got the headers and all. An ECU upgrade after that will be the icing on the cake. No idea on total numbers after all that but it can't be far short of your goal. You can also advance timing a few degrees and see how she runs, sometimes it will ping(detonate) with advanced timing, so take it easy on the advance. Running 89 octane will help in that department. ;)

In other news, how the hell did you fit 35's on there with only a 3" body lift? PICS!! ;)

I had to crant the torsion bars a little and cut about 2" inches of the fenders front and back. I am just waiting for the 1.5 inch lifted rear coils right now. The only time the tires rub is when I am on a 45 degree decline, the front tires bounce sometimes and hit the firewall part of the fender well.

Here are some pictures. If you want more up close pictures just let me know.

Also do you think it would be possible to swap in a vg33e into it with that transmission?

post-4139-1184804668_thumb.jpg

post-4139-1184813602_thumb.jpg

Edited by Biosphere