My latest project for the Pathy...

88pathoffroad

Beefier idler arm brace. This one's REAL sturdy compared to my old POS I had a friend weld up, he even managed to weld it together crooked, the bastid. I used it anyway, but it was grating on my brain to have it on there. MY work is straight and clean! (except for the booger welds) :) That's what the grinder is for though, right? I made this one out of an old utility pole crossarm brace, which happens to be made out of 1/4" angle steel. Any opinions on what color I should paint it? I'm thinking white, cause the body's white, the front skidplate's white...etc.

idlerarmbrace.jpg

can i be a complete noob for a moment and ask how that works

im brain dead at the moment (almost 9 hours of looking at the same screan, doing the same operations over & over & over & over........)

:blink:

:bed:

Here's the finished product. I just painted it black. :)

IAbrace3.jpg

You know, AC sells these for $40 each or so. I made mine for about fifty cents worth of welding wire, scrap steel and some of my hard-earned time in the garage...

Oh yeah, I also made some 4 1/2" drop brackets for my emergency brake cables in the rear. When the rear axle flexes all the way out, the cables were pulled pretty dammn tight...so I made these. They work fine. :)

ebrakebrackets2.jpg

ebrakebrackets3.jpg

Very pimp.  Wish I had a welder and garage.  And what would you be selling these for, keeping in mind your time and all?  :bow:

If enough people wanted some, I would attempt a batch of 5 or 10 at about $25 each plus shipping. I don't really want to make them on a one-by-one basis. Too much grinding and black boogers involved. ;)