Vg30e Gone Turbo?

ILoveMyPatty

I was given this link in another forum I was trying to get help in about a VG30ET swap into our Pathys.

http://www.redz31.com/pages/turbo.html

A VG30E gone turbo.

Seems fairly simple, just very time consuming.

What do you guys (and gals) think? Possible on our Pathys? Worth it?

Possible? I'm doing it right now. There are several others who have done it before.

Worth it? I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that one... I'll post up some videos when I'm done though.

i always though a supercharger would be a better route to take. Turbos create lots of heat and if the truck is crawling, i think it would be more likely to overheat the engine than a supercharger.

The 300ZX engine bay was designed to allow for addition of a turbo. There's room for it in there. There isn't any under the hood of a Pathy until you make it yourself. That's the holdup. Very few of the stock 300ZX parts will work in a Pathy.

odd, never seen a turbo on one side only of a v motor...

whatever obviously works :shrug:

The Z31 (pre-90 300zx) had it, as well as other motors in other makes. The Z31 used a crossover pipe behind the motor and above the bellhousing to tie the two manifolds together. The Z32 (90-96 300zx) had twins.

My mom threatened to give me my stepbrother's old Dodge Daytona turbo if I can get it running. It's a real POS as it sits(good turbo, though), but maybe I could rig up a remote-mount turbo setup on the Pathy in my spare time. :D I'd do it just to say it can be done!

A rear mount turbo is the way to do it on a Pathfinder in my opinion. Simple and effective. Plus you don't need the low down torque to crawl you need low gears. I would like to be able to run faster to my destination not on the trails.

A rear mount turbo is the way to do it on a Pathfinder in my opinion. Simple and effective. Plus you don't need the low down torque to crawl you need low gears. I would like to be able to run faster to my destination not on the trails.

My thoughts exactly. I know of at least one person who has done a rear mount turbo setup in the pathfinder. It was really gangster too. I liked it. My problem with a rear mount is that it's way too exposed down there. Not only from rock rash, but also from mud and water and what not. Setting up an oil scavenging pump system can be a little complicated, and there is a lot of piping to be done. Plus turbos run more efficiently closer to the motor. We have plenty of room in our engine bays to run turbos even keeping the AC, I don't know why more people haven't done it before.