Replacing Automatic Transmission

Hey to all,

i am new here but not new with a pathfinder. For one year i was driving a '95 pathy,

after a year i change it 4 a '96 3.3 SE 4x4.

After one year with this '96 the A/T was not working good and making a lot of strange noises and

no shifting to 3e gear. After a good result on a computer check, i took the A/T Solenoid assembly out of the

A/T to look if there where no damages and if all return springs where not broken or anything. Also check

the solenoids. Everything was ok but a lot off little metal pieces in the oil and all around on the solenoid

assembly, 4 me that was the point to just stop looking any further and decide to replace the A/T.

Now i life on a island and we have only one Nissan dealership and no good mechanics to rebuilt a A/T. So i

want to order one from the states and looked at Internet and found a company that re-builder A/T, they gave

me a good quote. I don't know if any of u have any experiences with a good A/T re-builder, that also ships

outside of the US. Its a little difficult to check out some company's sins i am on this island.

I can replace the A/T myself, but not rebuilt it.

Hoping to fix it soon, because already missing driving my Pathy.

Ciao

Do you want instructions on how to remove the automatic tranny yourself and replace it with a rebuilt one that you're going to buy from the source you found?

----------------------------------

No replacing it myself is not a problem. Its of the car already, next step find a good rebuilt one.

Oh, I see what you're looking for. Ok, so, you're just wanting experiences with transmission rebuilders state-side, right?

Sorry, but I don't have any to offer...most people just use a local mechanic.

What island are you on? RD? You may be better off getting a used low mileage transmission either from the US or Japan. I'd be willing to be either would run you about the same amount of cuarto.

I'm on the Dutch Antilles, Curacao, so the closest is the US.

I found one in Indiantown FL. they rebuilt one and ship it to me for a price around $ 1600,- and i get 1 Year, Unlimited-mile Warranty.