Greetings from Sunny Colorado!

I have been scanning this site for some time and decided to jump on board. Many of you obviously know your Pathfinder trivia. I have a 91 SE, which was the exact car I wanted in high school but could never afford. I have had if for about 1.5 years now and am just now getting into some of the more enjoyable trails CO has to offer. After going with a group of jeeps with a min 3" lift & the majority having rear lockers, both I and the group was fascinated at how well "old blue" did. Not only did I go every where they went (mud, snow, rock) many times I made it in only 1 attempt when it took them several, & other than a stereo I was STOCK! I knew I loved this truck but the spark is rekindled. I can only imagine the places this truck will go after I sell my children to pay for the mods I want. (kidding, mostly)

hey 88, i was ready several of your post about rear lockers and would appriciate some direction.

Question 1- i see you refferencing several different rear end #'s, which is mine.(i have lsd & disc brakes in rear)

Question 2- i went to powertrax's website and they don't have any listed lockers for nissans but @ a different site (www.performancecenter.com) they seem to have lockers available but not model specific. after funnling down it asks me if it is a 10 or 12 bolt, then it asks me the gear ratio in rear. What are mine.

Thanks for any help you can offer. spending 300-350 on these seems much better thant the 750+250 for the air lockers. I guess my 3rd question would be, are these 2 brands my only options.

The Powertrax lockers are only for the open rear differentials. You can't install one in a LSD differential, sorry. The gear ratio doesn't matter, nor does any kind of "bolt count", they're all essentially the same rear axle with a few changes over the years like the addition of an ABS sensor and the actual axles themselves for the disc-brake equipped models being slightly different from the drum brake axles. There are two available gear ratios in the US for Pathfinder H233B rear diffs, 4.375:1 for the manual equipped models and 4.625:1 for the automatic equipped models. In Australia, Russia, Europe and other places apart from the US, you can get 4.8:1 gears.

If you could find an open third member centersection in a junkyard for cheap, you could easily swap that in, but it's not too likely unless you REALLY want a locker.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellow Coloradoan! I'm located outside of Boulder up in the foothills. When I first came out to CO twelve years ago [darn, its been that long ? darn near a native] we did a lot of 4x4 trails before the kdis came along. People were amazed how well the all-stock Pathy handled the trails. One of my favorites are the Flat Tops north of Glenwood Springs. RC