Can Anyone Id This Engine?

jj big shoe

Can anyone ID this engine? I tried looking at pics of 300zx, Maxima, Quest, etc. and none seem to jive up. Its definately a VG30, but I think its from a JDM vehicle like a Gloria or something. I'd like to ID it to see if I could maybe use the intake and ditch my current TBI.

VG30E... Swap out your Pathfinder Intake, fuel rails, exhaust, Valve covers, Oil Pan and pick up, Distributor and FLYWHEEL.... Dont forget the FLYWHEEL.... Or you will be pulling the engine again to swap it....

I have the same sorta motor at home and wanted to use the intake.......BUT the manifold sticks past the block too far and would need a hole cut in the firewall for it to fit.

I'd post pics but I got no computer at the moment.

VG30E... Swap out your Pathfinder Intake, fuel rails, exhaust, Valve covers, Oil Pan and pick up, Distributor and FLYWHEEL.... Dont forget the FLYWHEEL.... Or you will be pulling the engine again to swap it....

doesn't the dipstick needs to be swapped as well and change location...form the pic it looks like its on the correct side but maybe up a port or something...I know on that maxima conversion I had to switch sides completly...

doesn't the dipstick needs to be swapped as well and change location...form the pic it looks like its on the correct side but maybe up a port or something...I know on that maxima conversion I had to switch sides completly...

Yep.... I had to do that as well...

Dunno yet, the engine should arrive sometime next week. I figure I'll put them side by side and see what needs to be swapped.

yea what I did was pull the maxima engine apart (pulled off all the mtg hardware and all that crap then took 1 bracket off at a time and swapped it over to give it the pathy mounting...although some holes were not used b4 I had to spray them with PB and clean the threads B4 attaching the brackets...

good luck shouldnt be too terrible