Lift Questiom

XEcaribe

i got my skyjacker shocks today and i am buying springs tomorow to go with them. the shocks are for up to +4 inches and i was wondering sience the stock JGC springs give you 3" would 1" JGC springs give me a 4 inch lift? thanks

Probably. Did you get 4" longer shocks for all four corners or just the rear? 'Cos the front shocks need to stay near stock length, front suspension doesn't gain any travel when you lift it. Just ride height. Actually, 4" longer than stock may be overkill even in the rear.

Nope. Without doing MAJOR modifications to the design of the front suspension, you will not gain more travel. New upper A-arms will not do anything. The only thing that will increase travel is to remove the bumpstops, though, I wouldn't recommend it, as you'll wear through CV Joints like crazy when you use it off road.

• 1 month later...

I bought the 1" lift JGC coils for my rear and they lifted it between 3 and 4 inches, maybe even a little more since my stocks were sagging so bad.

Here is a thread with before and after pictures of my lift. Just make sure your shocks are long enough cause the first shocks I bought weren't quite long enough. And i still haven't been able to afford anything for the front so it definitely isn't level.

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...mp;#entry235012

Hope this helps

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys!

By "traveling" you mean off road perfomance? Because I was thinking about putting that Skyjacker 7000 shocks to get some lift. After I replaced stocked rims on 15x8 i started to rub a fenders on sharp turns a little bit. And I'm pretty much ain't gonna do off road in a future. Or better if I just trim a fenders (which i'm not really want to do)?

Hey Guys!

By "traveling" you mean off road perfomance? Because I was thinking about putting that Skyjacker 7000 shocks to get some lift. After I replaced stocked rims on 15x8 i started to rub a fenders on sharp turns a little bit. And I'm pretty much ain't gonna do off road in a future. Or better if I just trim a fenders (which i'm not really want to do)?

Travel means the range of motion you have, lifting or lowering the front end will not change the amount of travel it has overall. The front suspension has a limit to how high it can move and how low it can move, at stock ride height you are set so that your suspension sits in the middle of that range. When you "lift" the front, you are just setting your ride height toward the top end of that range.

BTW, shocks will not give you any lift.

Edited by GrimGreg