Heat From The Center Console

djimass

Hello,

I have had this 91 SE for a little while now. I was wondering if it was normal to have so much heat coming out of the center console/parking brake area after driving for a little bit.

Thanks

Hello,

I have had this 91 SE for a little while now. I was wondering if it was normal to have so much heat coming out of the center console/parking brake area after driving for a little bit.

Thanks

yes, if the protective boot underneath the outer boot has been damaged, then oyu will get nasty heat coming through. carefully pull the outer boot up and check for damage. when i removed mine i got impatient and ripped a corner of the inner boot... and pay for it every summer......... P...

Mine's an 88, but I have the same issue. Heat through the entire console. I made the mistake once of putting a Chap Stick in one of the holders on the console. Boy, did I learn a bad lesson that day.

It's mostly heat from the engine/exhaust manifolds flowing under the pathy. If you crack the windows you'll notice the heat becomes really bad, but with them closed it's not nearly as bad. I thought for a long time it was heat from the auto tranny, but it's just as bad with the 5speed.

Yep, like Slick eluded to, the T-case shifter has a rubber boot under the leather one. If it is torn or ripped it can let all the heat in.

BTW, if your floor under the pedals gets hot, double check you aren't burning.

I have the same problem. The inner boot is torn, but none of it's missing. Has anyone fiqured out a way to fix it?

for a quick fix. some heat resistant tape under the top boot (so it's not noticeable) should do the trick for the short term, or, go to a JY and find a pathy that has the boots intact. OEM will cost ya

• 4 months later...
Yep, like Slick eluded to, the T-case shifter has a rubber boot under the leather one. If it is torn or ripped it can let all the heat in.

BTW, if your floor under the pedals gets hot, double check you aren't burning.

So can this part be ordered? I notice that also. Thanks