Question Bout Cheap Lifts

cohen

Calmini 3" suspension lift http://www.purenissan.com/wd21_3_kit.htm

or

4x4parts.com 3" suspension lift http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...76254e3a8f74b15

and no one knows about the body lift part?

LD50...this has nothing to do with it, but does ur exhaust sound good with the 2.5" pipe from the Y back?? I have from the cat-back and want it to be louder.

Edited by cohen

Guest SuperSon

Thought id let you know theres a calmini uca on the for sale section but its a feeler right now though. Heard a lot of bad things about 4x4 parts uca.Im using RC and my bro in law is using calmini.

Rough country UCA's

Cheapest place for body lift and in stock

Body lift kit

Edited by SuperSon

Calmini 3" suspension lift http://www.purenissan.com/wd21_3_kit.htm

or

4x4parts.com 3" suspension lift http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...76254e3a8f74b15

and no one knows about the body lift part?

LD50...this has nothing to do with it, but does ur exhaust sound good with the 2.5" pipe from the Y back?? I have from the cat-back and want it to be louder.

I like the way it sounds. Most people have a similar setup and I think they agree. I also have no cats, and a cone intake which changes the sound a bit.

As for the BL, I'd just go with 3". If your going through all the trouble anyways, the FEW things that need to be extended are quite insignificant.

Edited by LD50

The pain in the ass with the body lift is not the lengthening of the few things you have to..that all took me about 15 minutes...cept for my steering shaft held me up for hours, but that is not common...I actually had to cut mine and weld in a piece of solid stock to lengthen it. Other than that I had to lengthen my gas filler tube and power steering lines. It's really not that big a deal, I'd recommend just doing the 3". To answer your question, no you don't have to extend anything for the 2", but why would you do all that work and not put in the the 3?

Guest SuperSon

been soaking my steering shaft with liquid wrench for the last 4 days .hope it doesnt give me any problems come time to do the lift tuesday

I was thinking about a 3" SL too and 6 inches would look goofy with 32's..I don't really plan on spending more $ on tires after just spending 800 in december. I guess 5" would too tho. lol. I think I'm just getting a 3 BL for 100 instead of a SL for 750 and get some manual locking hubs and redo my exhaust from the headers to the cat.

Guest SuperSon
I was thinking about a 3" SL too and 6 inches would look goofy with 32's..I don't really plan on spending more $ on tires after just spending 800 in december. I guess 5" would too tho. lol. I think I'm just getting a 3 BL for 100 instead of a SL for 750 and get some manual locking hubs and redo my exhaust from the headers to the cat.

Itll look better with 6 on 32's .A lot has that set up. as long as you dont get some skinny tires like a 9.5 on 32;s. 32X11.50 looks good on 6" lift:coffee!:

Edited by SuperSon

Guest SuperSon
wait a minute. wait a minute, AC's UCA's are bad? :wtf:

Lets see.when I was doing some research on my UCA I found out that 9 out of 10 people arent happy with their ac . Somebody here might argue about that and you know for sure that thats the 1 out of ten that is happy with his/her AC UCA

I have 6" and 32's, looks fine to me. :fireworx:

NPORA-TOTM-2007_MAR.jpg

If I were to get a suspension lift I was thinking about buying it in parts like coils then T-bars, then UCA's. What companies sell individual parts like this besides A/C. OR should I just save my money and buy the one from Calmini for $750?

Guest SuperSon

If you have the funds go with Calmini kit. From what ive learned doing my SL and buying parts individually I only saved $100 and thats with a used coils and no drop bracket.If you have the time to run around looking for JCG coils, Shopping for shocks, Tbars and the rest of the parts then you can buy them individually but I suggest you get the kit if budget allows

If i am to do it again id go with the whole calmini kit

TBars $200 plus shipping

UCA 170-350 depends on what brand plus shipping

JCG coils $60 after tax (bought locally)

Ball joint $60

Set of 4 shocks $175 plus shipping

That there is $665 not including shipping on some parts and thats even a used coils.another thing is I calculated all this using RC UCA's if it was calmini it wouldve been 845. That parts list that I got is not even including the drop bracket that came with the calmini kit so theres another $50-75 right there.