What Is Going On With My Driveshaft!?

BLouisGod

I noticed this today, which may be why in drive at a stop my trans vibrates... My driveshaft looks like its coming out of the trans, and there is some lubricant leaking slowly from that area. Got any ideas?

42007017.jpg

well 1st off the protective bell shield is missing...other than that it looks ok to me other than the rear oil seal going bad... you see it on the end...i've seen trucks with that taken off...thats what ures looks like to me (i know mines a manual but wheelmans auto was the same way and i accidently knocked it off while dropping it out and got it to go back on some1 may have just left it off)

2050078_31_full.jpg

Edited by unccpathfinder

i would say where the rusted part is would be at normal ride position or maybe a lil in front of it b/c as the axle articulates the shaft will move in and about prob about an inch or maybe more...to me it looks normal as long as its bolted up to the axle...

i just went back and looked at the pic and the "normal" flat surface condition looks to be about .5 ins long you can see where its pretty shinny...i bet when u set it down off the lift that piece is in the tranny and then u have that lil strip of metal then the rusted area and that lil strip is probably when the suspension is at full jounce

Edited by unccpathfinder