Shocks

I'm a newbie and I need shocks. Does anyone have to part numbers for KYB GR-2's for a 94 pathy? I'm going to do some JGC coils in about a month and am looking for some shocks. I've heard good things about these (correct me if I'm wrong) on AND off road and am trying to find some. Let me know if you have the pn's or have other suggestions. Thanks in advance for the help! And I tried the search but couldn't find much about this KIND of shock.

-Eric

Well I don't have part numbers but if you searched then you know it is best to get longer ones in the rear (and only the rear).

With that info you should be able to talk to a sales person (in store or on the phone) and if they have the specs for the shocks they should be able to get you the ones you need. (standard pathy replacement shocks for the front and the longer ones in the rear)

That is how I ordered my ProComps :aok:

Yeah, I just found some on eBay for what seems to be a good deal. They are only rear though, but with what you said, I was thinking I could do just about anything in the front if it doesn't change the travel distance anyways.

I would recommend the KYB Gas a Just over the GR2 if you do any off-roading. I have the Gas a Just and the are a great shock, and I really test them. I had the GRr2 in the rear and then switched to the Gas a Just. Awesome shock and a lifetime warranty.

Ok, thanks, well then I've narrowed it to 3 now with that info.... RC8000's, Trailmaster SSV's or KYB Gas a Just. Any suggestions? And thanks for the info thus far! :D

And 87 Pfinder: do you have a lift at all with those Gas-a-Just?

Edited by Soccerstudd5

I bought a set of ProComps ES9000. The rear ones have just arrived , and the front + stabilizer are still in NY but I hope they will be here next month... :D

Now I need a set of coil springs for the lift.

In my further searcing, I've found some Trailmaster SSV's that say they're for a 89-92 Pathy with 4" NP43 Trailmaster lift and then a 86-96 with 0" lift.

What's a NP43 TM lift?

And what's the difference in the 89-92 and the 94 Pathy's suspension?

I'll be lifting the pathy soon about 3" and didn't know which shocks I should purchase. I'll put the LINK here so you all know what I'm looking at. Sorry about this on going subject, just since I can't afford them for a few weeks, I have to to make sure I get what I want. Thanks all! :D

NP43 TM lift is the trailmaster lift that AC sells. its a 4 inch lift if i recall. slick has one on king caca. and im pretty sure there is no difference in the suspension of those years. what type of lift are you doing suspension or body lift. cause if you do a body lift it wont matter what shocks you do but suspension will.

I plan on doing a body lift AND suspension lift. I was referencing my SL though. I know BL's have nothing to do with shocks, but I'm looking at JGC coils and a t-bar crank. I've found some NEW JGC's for $20 that should give good lift since they're not old and saggy.

When lifting the front with a torsion bar adjust the shocks don't need to be longer than stock, but in Trailmaster suspension lift I guess it will, cause it drops the front diff... :unsure:

That makes sense... so I can get the normal front and the lifted (longer) rears?

With TB crank in the front and JGC coils for the rear, YES!

That's how I'm gonna do, hope next time it's gonna keep the tires on the ground: