Will a 3 inch BL cure this rub

Guest SuperSon

Guest SuperSon

Well got my tires today and it is rubbing on the back of the fender/flare. I kinda knew this was going to happen. Do you guys think a 3BL would cure this?I tried taking off the flares and it still rubs

I already trimmed the front part on the fender and theres no rubbing in there.

The tire and rim set up is exactly what I wanted and hoping a 3BL will cure this

bc1.jpg

bc4.jpg

bc3.jpg

bc.jpg

Guest SuperSon

I shouldve put 31's but did I listen :( time to get the airsaw. It doesnt look like doing a 3BL (which is planned anyway) would help. but it looks cool tho :D

I saw that c was running 33 on 3 SL so I figured id be ok too .another lesson learned and shouldve listened P...

It's been said numerous times. 3+3=33

A 3" BL will work better for 33's cause it's not a static lift, it permanently lifts the body. The body will always be 3" higher than stock no matter what. You STILL have to trim a lot of fender. A suspension lift gives you 3" upward but the downward travel will put you right back at stock height over bumps, etc. That's why with only a 3" suspension lift 33's will rub BAD.

Guest SuperSon

Im going with the 31's. Next time i just hafta listen to the pros :hide: I couldve avoided the costly mistake

Spoke with 4wheelparts and after $159 later theyd replace it with 31's.Shipping is what cost the most.

Guest SuperSon

I am but Im still waiting for the bolts.I wasnt able to call around today but if nothing else ill just buy it at ac.

Im going to take the mud flaps tomorrow and take the bump behind like 88 did and go from there :shrug:

Guest SuperSon

I still have the 33's . Im going to mess around with my fenders tomorrow and try to keep the flares and ditch the flaps.

what puzzles me when I was doing some research on this is theres a lot of pathy that has 33 with just sl or bl and both without having to trim anything.

did you have to hack your fenders up big time or is it untouched?

Rim offset has a lot to do with it. If you were at stock offset, on the street, with a 3" suspension lift, they'd fit. They'd rub like hell off road though. The fact that your rims have less backspacing (ie they stick out more) causes them to rub while turning. Only way to fit them properly is with 3"SL, and a 3"BL, and even then, you'll have to trim so you won't rub off road.

I cut a lot more than 88 did but he kept the flares an i pretty much re shaped the rear section of the fender. Just pull the flares and flaps then turn it what ever is in the way cut out. Then put the flares back on and cut them the same. Or a BL will fix that issue. The true measurement on those is like 31..5 or 32 right? If so Just do a body lift and leave it.

Guest SuperSon

After some thinking last night ive decided to keep the 33 and do some cutting on my fender. I know itll still rub at full flex at this point but it should be ok for now till I get my BL done.

This might still rub but I can trim out some more if need to

post-2701-1176933117.jpg

post-2701-1176933145.jpg

post-2701-1176933172.jpg

post-2701-1176933197.jpg