going from EFI to MPI

miller

Ok so as I was driving my pathy today. I had a idea. It runs like sh*t and has for awhile. I have spent too much on trying to fix it but no go. It only acts up when its cold out, So I think I am going to switch it to 90-95. I have done afew searches and the big thing that is a PITA is the wiring.... Well I was thining of just cutting off the front clip say from the right be hind the front seats forward. That way you will have all the wiring done? I know some of you will think its a waste of money, yeah it might be to some but not really to me. I spent too much in my other car, soo I really dont mind spending it in something that I love. I do understand for the most part what I will be getting in to. I do have a a lift in my garage, discount price on parts(get them cheaper then most real garages around here) and I have an uncle that owns a bodyshop. He said that if I strip the pathy that he would do all the body work for me cheap as long as I came up and helped. So with all that It would be alot cheaper and easyer to do right? I would like some thoughts on doing this. So so long but I wanted to get out what I have avalibale to me, Now if you have the space and time to do something like this, would you do it?

So lets hear what everyone has to say good and bad, I am ready to hear from both side of this idea :hide:

Oh and if anyone know of where I can find a front clip that is good llet me know thanks

Miller

theres a pretty big difference in the 2 different wiring harnesses...i started going through the schematics and decided that since i had the entire harness available i was going to switch that out...i believe some people have done it with what your saying on 4x4parts.com theres some right ups if i recall when i initially started looking to do this...

its been a while since i looked at it but i would try to find a pin definition schematic for the ecu and make sure that all the pins go to the same functions and then verify the wiring between the diagrams and see how to hack it to make it work

and there would be no need to cut the front harness i believe it has 2 disconnections (1 driver side and 1 pass side)

i would take my time and make sure it makes sense on paper before starting the whole project...even when i put in the 95 harness i left my 87 in place until i verified that it would crank up bc if not i was going to swap the intakes out and leave it TBI

good luck

It would be cheaper and easier to simply go over the VG30i and get it running right. Replacing one thing at a time simply doesn't cut the mustard, you have to take off the TB and clean everything out, test and replace all the switches and sensors and make sure everything is like new...otherwise it will just run like that until the day it dies. There are MORE ways for a VG30E to run bad than there are on the VG30i. The only real benefit I can see for doing a swap like this is an additional 7 HP...

wasnt really looking for more HP, If I wanted more HP I would go with a KA24 build the piss out of it and turbo it :D 88 i have done everything that you have said plus. I have checked all the wireing for ohms and resistance oh and volts to everything. I have replaced all sensors that I was getting a codes from and other that I wasnt getting a code from too. I am just frustrated with it right now almost at the point of selling it but know that I will not find another 2 door in as good shap up here in New England. I love the 2 doors but wanted a VG30e with it, very hard to find until today

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=290103637850

I do find what you have said to be very helpfull and true thanks 88

And Unccpathfinder wasnt talking about just swaping wireing and few things on the motor to make it a VG30e, I was talking about cutting the front of a newer pathfinder off and replacing it with my front floor boards and all from the ecu to the front bumper, but I have searched about rewireing it too on here and a few other forums that I have found through here