Dynomax

barthel

Has anyone running a Dynomax or Magnaflow muffler posted a sound clip? I've found a bunch for the 40 and 50 series Flowmaster, but not for much else.

:hide:

Not trying to beat a dead horse, just trying to decide the right one for me.

Both the websites have sound clips, although they all seem to from big ass V8 engines which is definately a different sound than the V6, I just installed a dynomax, I think its a bit deeper in tone than a flowmaster. I'm really happy with it. I tried to get a clip but it sounded like a crotch-rocket through my cameras microphone.

Sound clip of my truck

Here is a sound clip of my truck. it was taken with a cellphone so it's not the greatest quality, but you get the idea. I have thorley headers, magnaflow cat, flowmaster 50 connected with 2.5" pipe.

username: npora

p-word: npora

I have found all sound clips to be annoyingly inaccurate... Probably because my speakers are NOT hi-fi.

Anyway, I can heartily endorse the Dynomax - for performance, durability, and sound. I have installed 4 in the last 3 years - two on pathys, and 2 on big-A V8's in tow vehicles. All sound excellent. And as inexpensive as they are, you can try it and if you don't like (not likely!) you can throw away and try another.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Can any of you that have the Flowmaster 50 tell me which one you have? the possibilities seem endless.

:blink: umm..... well, i have thorleys, hf cat, flowmaster 50 series muffler and 2.5" pipe throughout. love it all. :bow:

Thanks everyone for the help.

Can any of you that have the Flowmaster 50 tell me which one you have? the possibilities seem endless.

Heres what my FM 40 series turned out sounding like....stock manifolds....

th_FindingPaths1.jpg

Heres the day I brought it home.......

th_PathyFlowmaster.jpg