Pontiac Bonneville

fondo

Hey all, I'm looking buying a pontiac bonneville thats posted on my local craigslist.

I e-mailed the owner and he said it has about 160,000 miles on it w/ power everthing. My friend is an avid pontiac bonneville enthusiast and currently owns 2 at the moment. He's a big fan of the 3800 series motor and I can't blame him, especially when they're runnin' a supercharger these cars are quick. Any way I'm sure he'll know everything I need to know about this car but I would like to here from anyone who has experience w/ this car and/or motor (supercharged remember). He's asking $900 for it. Think it's a smart move.

the 3800 is a good motor. The rest of the car could be troublesome (GM's can $200 you to death) and the tranny could be suspect, but parts are cheap, and plentiful, as the drivetrain was shared in MANY vehicles in the GM family.

I agree the motor itself is good. Although with 160,000 I think your going to need a rebuild soon just my opinion. but Simon is right, the rest of the car is pretty much going to cause you problems i think.

I had one of these cars for seven years. PRO: lots of room, great highway ride, good on gas(keep your foot out of it),fast for a front wheel drive family car. CON:lots of electronics to go bad, 93 octane gas, brakes are too small for a car this big. I had to replace the dash cluster and two alt.