throw out bearing

xkrewx

Well when mine went the "stealership" charged me between $600-$700 but that included a clutch aswell (which you might aswell replace if your in there). About 1 week after I got my pathy back the pressure plate finally lost its "spring" in the forks, so I took it back and they replaced the the p-plate and waved the labor costs (since it was their mistake not to inpect the p-plate first time around). Any who, this was at a nissan dealer so I suppose you could find a reputable shop that might not have as bad of rates as a dealership. Make sure though to have them inspect all parts associated w/ the clutch for wear... Also have them check the rear engine seal. G-day WAVEY

^ what he said...and depending on how bad its whining and how many miles are on the clutch would drive the decision for me...i've had my 95 for almost a year and my cuz had it for a year or 2 b4 me and it always whined a lil bit on cold mornings for the both of us...i just recently changed it when i did the clutch (it had 125k miles or so on it)

i should have mentioned that my driving style and my cuz's style isnt conducive to clutch longevity, more so me than her but she learned on it...

i would say as long as its not yelling all the time and stops after its disengaged u're ok until the clutch is gone...but there is still a risk that it could seize up and leave u stranded....

I should have mentioned that my throwout bearing seized up while I was driving it and left me stranded (although I was in town). Any way if this should happen to anyone (not that I recommend doing this, but I did) you can press in the clutch or use the interlock switch and start the truck in gear to get going then shift w/ engine rpms instead of a clutch. I know this isn't good for your starter but mine still works great without a glich, and this was 1 time event to get me home.

If your going to take it in to have the throw out bearing changed bring a new clutch and pressure plate with you.. have them replace it if it's needed, if not return them (although it is usually cheaper to buy them as a set)