Been busy this weekend...

I put in my UCAs and upper ball-joints yesterday and since I had some extra time on my hands I also put in my dual exploder tranny coolers.

5ddbbd2de59f4ac18a7be2dc63868693.jpeg

With a little more time to kill, I did a little experimenting with the 3.8 Taurus fan I picked up at the JY. With a little trimming I've found the Taurus fan will fit inside the existing Pathfinder shroud. Might be something someone else might want to try.

040beb215cdd460c9a620eb79079abae.jpeg

3e00ae7f947b43ae92500ab841d6e404.jpeg

I still have a little trimming to do and maybe fill in the gaps with some expanding foam. But it didn't turn out too bad.

ps. I did have to relocate the overflow tube because one of the screws comes through in that area.

cool...well im shooting for 3 or 4 weeks to have my pathy 100% done (i know this is been going on for almost a year now) but we should try to make a run to URE soon...

right now i have to find an electrical short (discovered it this afternoon), replace the front windshield, install UCA's and an alignment, get my radiator patched up where i accidentally put a screw driver thru it and i think i'll be read to ride...ohh yea gotta get it inspected...do u know any joe blow shops that will pass a safety inspection without too many ?s...i dont want to get the run around about my engine swap...

Here's an update on the UCAs. I'm sure many have noticed that the sleeves that come with the new RC UCAs are a little long. Well to try and make a long story short I found that the UCAs were sliding back and forth on the bushing (started getting clunking noises when braking in forward and reverse)

56493bf412bc4538b7053684dcebbbea.jpeg

As a fix I went to Ace Hardware and purchased 4 flat washers with an inside diameter of 7/8" to fit on the outside of the sleeve. Since the new washer fits outside the sleeve it does not affect the tightening of the spindle nut, it just pushes the bushing into the UCA where it belongs. And centers the UCA on the spindle.

3a032ecd241142be976aee29864ff034.jpeg

00516fe65c754b49b9cdffe992359aba.jpeg

(sorry about the crappy pics, the only camera I have right now is my PDA.)

Continuation of the weekend into Monday...

I've had my JY JGC springs on for about a year now and they have sagged about 1 1/2 - 2" (I used to be able to walk under the rear hatch when it was open, now I hit my head) so I went out and bought some 3" lift JGC springs. It sits a little high but if these springs sag too they should be about right.

84bc5d9eabf149248fa0ea842f77097a.jpeg

Where'd you get them?  My springs have sagged horribly over the last couple of years as well....

I bought them new from 4 wheel parts here in town, they were a bit pricey at $160, but worth it if they work out. The ride isn't as bad as I thought it would be, a little stiffer but still comfortable.

I believe they are part of this kit.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT1645.aspx

Guest SuperSon

Looking good man. It looks like its got more lift than others. Did you have to cut the new JCG coils too?

That fan idea is great.Im assuming everythings flush with the old shroud.

Im having that same dunking noise too now. Need to put another washer on the outside :D

Once completely trimmed the taurus shroud will set at least 1/4" back from the radiator. I put the shroud back on for now with the regular fan, it's going to take almost two weeks for the fan controller to get here from Summit and I want to take it on a test run this weekend.

The springs still need to be cut the same way. The guy at 4wheel Parts had never heard of anyone doing that before so I took it back to the store to show him after they were on. He was surprised how well the springs fit.

Edited by NC95Pathfinder

• 3 months later...

Here's the latest on the electric fan. I've finally got around to actually finishing mounting the electric fan inside the Pathfinder fan shroud. Lack of funds and the fact that the pathfinder is still in the transmission shop (they can't figure out why it will only go into reverse intermittently) has kept me from getting much done.

3a51320abef94e6abadbc09fe93c7b1f.jpeg