Dash Lights?

Poormans Finder

Yep, there is a light behind the control panel. You will need to remove the trim around the contols and radio. Then, of you have manual contols, remove the blcke switch pulls by pulling them straight out. Pop the panel off and you should gain access to the bulb. You may need to remove the screws and loosen the assembly for better access.

On my '95, my bulbs not replaceable. I have to replace the whole unit. Luckily, its cheap.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to dredge up an old topic, but my 1990 has the control panel lights. There's two bulbs; one for the control backlighting, one for the green lights on the sliders (I have the automatic climate control setup).

The control unit:

IMG_0016.JPG

The unit removed from the dash:

IMG_0040.JPG

Lift the little flap and you will find the bases of the light bulbs. The one in back is for the panel backlighting, the one in front provides lighting for the sliders.

IMG_0041.JPG

And one of the bulbs removed:

IMG_0045.JPG

guess i just put this here on my 98 i think the blub is burned out in the stereo unit when you turn on the nighttime lights. Its above the volume control on the left side. Is it easy to replace or do you have to rip into the player, its the bose system thanks