Parts

Precise1

No Slick, you can only bring MiniMe or my Pathy will suffer from envy...

JK, anything is welcome and I'd be glad to help you as you help me. :beer:

B

if you need them, we can bring BOTH pathys. but mini would be a bit difficult to measure for a bumper..... the smittybuilt ain't comin off :laugh: but king has all the bumper lift brackets n "stuff" on him ;)

and i'll do anything to rub my new tires, tre's and CL in yer face to give you motivation to get your pathy done lmao :P j/k :hide:

Bumper brackets for a body lifted truck would be a good solid start. I believe the mounting is different for early vs. later Pathys. Those damn plate brackets in the kit took hours to get on and aligned, it was ridiculous considering the design and the space given (plus I installed the whole lift alone). After all the bs, re-tightening, etc., a while later I said to hell with it and welded those brackets to my frame where they pop through and you can see them in the tire well (94 Pathy). Now it doesn't move... finally.

A second thought, assuming you could fab these mounts, would be a beefier version of said mount in order to mount a heavier bumper and winch. An alternate would be a set of mounts coming from the tow hooks on the frame horns, for example, that would come up at an angle to approximately the location and mounting points for an aftermarket bumper (if not yours, say and ARB or equivalent).

I'll defer to Slick and other locals for the one on one, but let me know if you'd like pix or further explanation.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

No brackets for the rear bumper. Some or most of them seem to have additional mounting holes already in them (the bumpers) that allow it to be moved up.

*As far as I can tell, mine does not have them.

mini (92) and king (91) both have the extra lift hole in the rear bumper bracket for lifting. mini doesn't have quite enuff lift with the JGC coils to go higher, but kings sits nicely with the 3" BL.

B ... you could also use the way i mounted the smitty as a baseplate for beefier bumper mounts.... and also, as above, for heavier bumpers to be installed and stable...

maybe we'll bring both trucks over. that would make things easier. lifted and relatively stock trucks to work with. :)

also, i know BP skids rule but they are out of my financial league right now. maybe a big single skid for king up front? sly

Edited by Slick

It would be great to have you come and visit, Slick. :aok: Lets hold off a bit until I can plan for what I need to see/measure/etc though. I still need to look to see if I did a write up about how to make the UHMWPE skid plates. It may be that I just supply the mounts. :shrug:

Ok Red, thats what I figured for an adjustable pan hard rod. I wonder, are the ones on the pathy solid or hollow. If it was solid, I could just thread the OD and make the adjusting coupler...

The bumper brackets seems like a good one. Everyone who has installed a lift has complained extensively about how cheap and difficult they are. It would be helpful to see them or have a template and measurements. DAMMIT, having a junker pathy just to mess with would be VERY helpful!!

Heavy duty brackets for aftermarket bumpers seems reasonable, but don't they provide them with the bumpers?

B