Muffler & High Flow Cat - suggestions needed

4PAWS

so what would be the best then for a 93 without headers also i like the look of dual so maybe a dual out muffler and new pipes what would be best then size and muffler does anyone know or have a setup like that much appreciated all thanx

so what would be the best then for a 93 without headers also i like the look of dual so maybe a dual out muffler and new pipes what would be best then size and muffler does anyone know or have a setup like that much appreciated all thanx

if you have $$ to blow then go dual. you will not gain ANYTHING from running duals.... if no headers, then go 2.5" pipe and a good quality muffler. wouldn't worry about the cat. cheap as possible.

if you go 2.5 now, then if/when you do get headers you are already set up sly

i talked to a shop about half a year ago they said about 500 bux to do it have been debating it since however my exaust is dyin out so its almost time i guess i have a new cat from a year ago so atleast i dont have to worry there.....

will i loose any power by goin to 2.5 pipe??? yah like i have power to begin with lol

• 2 weeks later...

bigger piping isn't always better esp when your pipes "upstream" are only 1.75inch. the object with any exhaust is to flow and hot gases flow quickly and efficiently. Bigger piping sometimes can slow the flow and exhaust scavaging is an issue. Going up from 1.75in to 2in is a 1/4in differece plus a higher flowing muffler is already going to be a big help. i chose 2in muffler and 2.25in piping as muffler shops "crush bend" thepipes so the inner diameter is smaller so a 2.25in over our axle is really only around 2in internally. Good luck hope that helps. Its a known fact that using too big of piping will kill low end power and move it more upstairs in teh rpm range. We have a pathfinder not a 300zx so choose wisely.

Scott