'95 pathy won't start !

prginocx

Since you have a 5 speed, can you not just push start it if you need to?, just kidding. Had the same problem, but after tightening all connections, especially the ones near and on the battery.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, today is April 16 and I haven't experienced any starting problems for about 2 weeks so here is my conclusion for this whole mess.

1. The Clutch switch was intermittent.

2. The original starter had a problem AND so did the starter I put in from Autozone.

3. The second replacement starter from Autozone does not have any problem.

This whole problem was harder to solve because this intermittent problem was caused by TWO components:

1 Original Clutch Switch was intermittent

2. Original Starter was going bad slowly ( Would not crank )

3. Replacement Starter from Autozone was bad.

Item No. 3 really held up the process...

If you have a switch in the center console that would indicate a factory alarm. It would be a 3 position switch with the center (If I remember correctly)being off and up was impact off. It has been a while. And there is no FOB with the alarm armed you have to unlock your door and turn the key in the ignition within 30 sec or it will go off.

Mark

I should have mentioned the switch on the center console for alarm is OFF. I've checked it several times. It has always been OFF 'cause I don't have the keyfob.

Also I should mention I did have a Battery Load test run on the battery...Firestone said this actually loads the battery several times with a load similar to starting juice, to make sure the battery can supply that level of starting current.

I am currently carrying an extra battery (From the boat) around with me, so at least next time I'll try that right away, that should eliminate the battery from the equation all together.

I'm also going to make a little wire w/spade connector, so next time I can just leave the key in ON and short that extra lead on the starter directly to the battery ( With a fuse in line of course...) and try starting it that way...

I hate these type of intermittent problems !! For cryin' out loud, if there was just smoke pouring out of the damn thing, I could pinpoint the problem easily !!