Common Trend?

96s14

I have only been on the forum for a week or two but a pathy owner for a while and a trend i have noticed is let down. Whenever a company says that they are coming out with something for our car it seems to always not make it into production. I understand that there are always circumstances but it just sucks sometimes.

it is hard to justify when no one wants to acutally pay for a $800 bumper.

I am not blaming anyone, there is no way i would drop that much for a bumper, so thats why i started looking for used ones, and got my ARB for more than half that price.

so that being said i can see why it would be frustrating, but then again, you have to realize that when new things come out for our small (very small) corner of the market it will be a bit pricey....

well some companies are just stupid like TJM. They give us the opportunity to build the bumpers and then tell AC to collect a deposit. Now they back out. If they dont have the resources, they should have thought of that or said something before everyone committed.

If you build it, they will come. I bet if more people made stuff for the pathys, more people would buy the stuff, then people would see other modified pathys and then modify theirs. That is the main reason there are all these other aftermarket parts for other vehicles. People probable never get the pathys in the first place when they realise there isnt much that they can do to them and get something else that has parts avabiable for them. Thats why there isnt much of a market for them. I see people all the time in r 50s stairing at mine and have even had people ask me where I got my lift and stuff because they didnt realise that anyone made anything for them.

It is just a shame that all of the companies dont see the potential. I am possible considering designing and fabricating bumpers and sliders. If i decided to do that i will make an R50 only store and carry everything everyone wants me to carry.

good luck in that, im not saying that it wouldnt be wonderful, but its just the fact that it would be a bit difficult.

Oh, and the TJM order, yea that was pretty horrible. but, i dont think it was TJM asking for the deposit, it was AC, guaranteeing that they would have the required amount of people to justify a shipment. Then when TJM got into it, im guessing they realized they werent gonna make much off of it, and decided not to go through with it which sucks, but thats what happens.