Time to lift!

meangreenmachine

I got my BL from AC ( 4x4parts.com) they add the correct bolts, since performance accessories does not make a kit with the correct rear body bolts for the newer (90-95?) pathy's. It's a good, complete kit.

We JUST covered both of those.... not to mention that they have both been covered many many times... especially the UCA's

This is not a flame... but PLEASE try the search function :aok:

I did, got a lot of mixed info. I didn't see much for figures. I am on an extremely tight budget I do all work myself. I also have very limited internet access so searching for hours and comparing prices is kinda hard for me and I know alot of you others have had lots of experiece with sl and bl of pathy's. :hide: Sorry for such a repetative subject.

No problem.. it's just that so many ask without ever searching.

*As for time to look, remember we are also spending our time to answer... two way street, no? ;)

Best value UCA's would be Rough Country.. call them direct and order just the UCA w/hardware for a Nissan Hardbody (just say the same year as yours is)

Body lift? Well only one company makes them for Pathys (Performance Accessories). Problem is that the rear bolts for later model WD21 Pathfinders are different than the earlier ones. the kits includes the early bolts. So you either have to buy the kit from AC (who includes the new bolts) or track some down yourself.

Here are two links that may help you out...

Body Lift

Considering a Lift

I've heard of that but I guess i never thought of using it (till now) Does any one know the sizes of the 10 body mount bolts. From what I've read there are 6 sae and 4 metric. Any one know the actual size and thread pitch and length of the stock ones. This el cheapo bl might just work so I can put more mony into the sl. Are the ball joint spacers really worth a damn or shuld I just forget about them altogether and go with the uca's? Remember money is tight!

I believe stock uses all metric - maybe M8x1.25?

The aftermarket kits use a mix. Since some of the front mounts use a bolt and loose nut, an SAE will work as well as metric. But for those bolts that thread into welded nuts, the correct metric must be used.

As for length, I don't know.... I will when I complete my body lowering project, but no idea when that will happen.

Ball joint spacers are widely criticized. No personal experience. I would recommend either:

- keep to a moderate SL (1-2") with stock UCA's, or

- get the RC UCA's for larger lifts (over 2").

Well after a few go arounds with the local salvage yard (kept sending me the wrong ones) I finally got the right jgc springs. For financial issues I am going with the ball joint spacers (will replace with uca's at a later date). Did some searching and couldn't find anymore info on running a 3' bl without dropping the radiator. Anyone who has done this can you just unclip the little chunk of shroud at the bottom or do you have to trim. I plan on installing an electric fan but at a later date like this summer. Also has anyone run across a part number for an upper hose (to fit a lift)

yup..my radiator is still in the stock location, trimmed lower half of shroud, and shortened lower rad hose. Also left the power steering reservoir in the stock location, just bought longer hoses. The only pain in the a$$ was the steering shaft, after no luck with a slide hammer and a can of pb blaster, I finally cut it in half and welded some solid stock in to lengthen it.

Started to get reasy to install my bl. But I still have a few questions.

I figured out the bolt size I need but I don't know what to do about the studs.

What comes with the pre-manufactured kit? :confused:

The rear bolts are 12-1.25 then there is a stud, oh by the way i broke that one off. Then a 10-1.25 bolt then another stud. The front bolt and nut Im not worried about but what to do about the studs. Also if anyone has a part number for an upper hose it would be great as I will be doing my work in one night at my employers shop. And as little kinks as possible will help a whole lot.

• 2 weeks later...

So i finally got my jgc coils in and adjusted my t-bars happy to report right close to 3" on a 4 door with a spare tire carrier. will post pics when its light out again. Now I need an opinion. Im getting new pro comp 32 11.50 15 mud terrains tomorrow and was wondering if i should use the factory rims that are in pretty good shape or these other ones they are 15-8 with 4" b.s. But im not to fond of the chrome look. But the price was right (freebie) :Pmorepics055.jpg

morepics054.jpg

btw thanks to all who have inputed on my pathy so far :beer:

Edited by meangreenmachine

still trying to get bolts together for my b.l. cant seem to get the 4 bolts that thread into the body. For anyone who had done a b.l. can you see where these bolts go from the inside to where I could drill them out and just use longer bolts? Better yet anyone have these four bolts for sale and possibly the bumper relocation brackets. Will post these questions in the parts wanted section.

When I did mine the bolts were extremely hard to come by. I bought 2 feet of 12 x 1.25 threaded rod, tightened 2 nuts together on the rod, screwed it in to the body and trimmed the excess rod.