exhaust

xkrewx

Spencer Low Racing makes a headers that will mount to our blocks however they don't have the cat inside the header like ours do. You would have to get a oxygen sensor simulator otherwise from my understanding your ECU won't like things. I went to a couple local shops who were not interested in making my exhaust illegal. Basically it came down to the fact that it would be an expensive pain in the arse to get some headers and exhaust.

I guess if I want more power I'll have to trade up to a VQ35.

:o No way...there are tons of ways to extract power...the question is previous wear on the engine....Warn Hubs, Electric fan, Intake, Exhaust, Light weight wheels and tires, good maintanence.....cams, SAFC w/wideband....

...I had all of these things and the truck was incredible. My only regrets at this point is not chasing the leaky injectors with new ones, and if I had the truck before it got to 80K miles, I would have put that tranny cooler on right away.

This truck was hands down as powerful as many V8 mid sized SUV's and faster than the lot of them...minus the VQ

for the record, you'll want at least a 2.5 pipe heading out and you want as little backpressure as possible. Backpressure is an old wive's tale. Velocity is what makes torque. You want to keep the heat in the pipe and moving as fast as possible with nothing to get in the way. (which is why flowmasters don't perform as well as magnaflow/borla)