sway bar disconnect?

jonainmi

ok, something i can affoard. (maby) :o

i have been hearing a bit about sway bar dissconect's and have been wondering how to make thim?

any ideas? :confused:

Thanks in advanced

BTW: if it involvs welding, i cant do it, but i know people that will do it for free :D

Jon

Sort of ditto to both. I have no front sway bar and when I go offroad I stick the truck up on the hoist at work and use a rattle gun. 2 sec and the rear one is off.

We have not been very helpful huh?

You can buy disconnect pins/bolts to replace those on the swaybar. That being said, they're easy... but not cheap. I'd ditto what was said above. You could even just pull them for trail runs if you want to run them on the street. Its not hard, a few bolts each. If you disconnect them and leave them in, then you have to sort out a way to securely mount them up and out of the way.

Linky

Edited by Mr. Pickles

i broke my rear sway bar.. so i guess you could say it's "disconnected" sssh

one of the guys here did buy quick disconnects. but for the life of me i can't rememebr who. and he never did post pics.

lol, you guys are the most help in the world :blink:

I allmost forgot i posted this thread :unsure:

I have tried google, but the only good design is Here.....

how much would it cost for one of you guys to make a set? :D

i could always just disconnect them, but then again, this is also my daily driver... :(

Thanks

Jon

lol, you guys are the most help in the world :blink:

I allmost forgot i posted this thread :unsure:

I have tried google, but the only good design is Here.....

how much would it cost for one of you guys to make a set? :D

i could always just disconnect them, but then again, this is also my daily driver... :(

Thanks

Jon

Mine is a DD too. I just don't drive it that far :D

well, i have access to a shop and LOTS of tools :D (i work in one and am going to school for auto tech)

you guys thing my best option would just be remove the sway bar when im going to go weeling? or just leave it off all the time?

Better qustion, how bad is the body roll without th sway bar?

(i want to do both front and rear)

Jon

TerranoNZ.... your drive hardly qualifies :lol:

I took my rear bar off last night. The first time you do it it may be a pita, but after that it would not be hard to remove reinstal it if you so choose.

Does too :P

:lol:

I thought about simply disconnecting one side but then decided against it because I did not want the chance of hanging up on it, when one side drops and the other compresses.

Anyway, I drove freeway, highway, city and back roads today... along with trails and I think I will just leave it (rear sway bar) off.

I even had to dodge a Tacoma News Tribune van today when he tried to run me off the road... on my way to Tahuya :angry: