Help me choose a lift for 99 QX4 !

FUELER

Which lift you recommend for my tires??  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which lift you recommend for my tires??

• 1.75" OME medium springs
    • 1.75" OME heavy duty springs
    • 2" AC lift
    • 4" Prado lift (subframe)
    • leave it stock and trim where it rubs!

Herm you said it nicely!!! I think that if you are building a trail rig, that will be used on difficult trails do the AC lift. If you are going on the weekend trip that requires you to drive on a dirt road that gets a bit hairy at times get the OME lift. I have had both and loved the feel of both better than stock. The reason that I ended up with the AC setup is that I got into a few situations that the OME suspention could not handel. The AC lift is stiffer and affords more ground clearance. If that is important to you than get the AC lift.

I agree with what herm said also. Go for the AC lift. It'll transform your truck. I have personally helped 2 members install AC lifts on their trucks, and the owners were very impressed with the difference the lifts made on their their trucks appearance and handling.

If you're worried about error lights with manual hubs, you could try simply removing the drive flanges and drive around for a couple of miles (only in dry weather!)! to simulate what having unlocked hubs would be like. Refer to Photos 2 through 8 to remove the drive flanges.

As for sliders, yeah your current side steps will never bear the weight of the vehicle. As herm said, you can actually use the sliders to your advantage when you know they will protect the body. What do you think is supporting the right side of my truck here? (Hint: it's NOT the tires!)

07walkerridge_d6h.jpg

If you're worried about error lights with manual hubs, you could try simply removing the drive flanges and drive around for a couple of miles (only in dry weather!)! to simulate what having unlocked hubs would be like. Refer to Photos 2 through 8 to remove the drive flanges.

Nice link, but I am not worried about the error lights... I am worried about the mechanical oil pump in the transfer case which is run off the front driveshafts as they spin...