Reoccuring Problem

Hud

Heres the deal... My drivers side axel has broken Three times now... It seems like every

fourth time I go off roading I break this damn thing :furious: ...And this time the thing broke completely off the wheel :o ... Can anyone please help solve this mystery of give me some advice on a beefer axle or something... This is getting old...

My truck is all stock... I do have my torsion bars cranked out though.. could this be part of the problem???

Please help :help:

post-6-1171232212.jpg

Edited by Hud

Im guessing you mean the left front axle? You may have the t-bars cranked too much. After the last time I replaced the cv boots, I dropped mine down a little to reduce the angle of the cv axle. If you broke out at the wheel, well, there could of been something not put together right, or who knows.

Yep. Do they make clicking noises when you're in 4WD and climbing a hill or anything? If the CV's hit full droop and are being spun real hard they could pretty easily eat up the inside of the CV cage and break.

Yah I pretty sure they do.... I can usually hear the break coming and then its just a loud CLUNK....Its always been when I'm climbing a hill that they break too..

What does full droop mean????.... sorry but I don't understand that...

I'll put some pics up later today...

What does full droop mean????

When your front suspension is hanging down at it's lowest point. Do you still have bumpstops on the front? Seems to me your suspension is drooping too far, causing your CV's to break.

I do still have my bump stops at the front... But I think I worded it wrong or something,.. . because my Tbars are cranked up and so my front end is raised up.... Is that the same thing as the suspension being at the lowest point.... :blink:

Your T-bars are cranked....which does put it closer to full droop. Are you cranked so that you're riding the bumpstops? If so, that's your issue. You should have at least .5-.75" between the UCA and the bump stop. Riding on them can cause your issues (premature CV wearout), as well as just make for a really harsh ride, as there's no downtravel.

Replace it? That's weird, it breaks CV's with the swaybar still attached?

Why is that weird??? Does the sway bar usually break as well.... And by the way is this safe to be driving like this??? Or is my wheel gonna pop off??

The sway bar will try to make both wheels level so if it's connected and 1 wheel is bottomed out the the other should not be fully drooped. By those pics of yours it does seem a little high....I know Redpath88 posted a ride height diagram ask him to post it or send it ti you.

BTW are they Nissan CV's or aftermarket?