Body Lift Kit

statikuz

Anyone know who sells a '93-era Pathfinder body lift kit BESIDES AC? I know they include some special bolts or something that don't come in the 1990-or-so Performance Accessories kit, but are they the only people that sell it?

I checked with Rocky Mountain Suspension and they only carry the 86-90 Performance Accessories kit... and yeah, I suppose I could get the blocks and the bolts and all necessary hardware and put it together myself, but I'd just as soon get a kit with it all there for me. =)

** PUTS ON FLAME SUIT **

in all truthfullness i would reckon you would get away with that kit

you might have to make the steering work yourself but other than that its so simple a noob could do it with a bit of effort

There's nothing to worry about with the steering, you just slide the splines out a little on both ends of the shaft and re-tighten the set screws.

Is it really just simple for the steering? That was something that had me thinking I didn't want to mess with the body lift.

If you don't want to go with AC and go with someone else like TMs body kit, you can pull one of your rear body bolts and take it to a bolt supply house and order them in. Or do what Jim did (I think this is what he did) and order the two longer bolts needed for '93's and up directly from AC.

I may do!!

So you put in 2" blocks right?? Thats about 50mm i think.

Underneath, how did you re-anchor your brake and fuel lines to the chassis??

Did you source a Navara Hi/Lo transfer lever or bend/lengthen yours??

Did you choose to make new brackets for you radiator?

If you left it as is, what happens to the locating braket at the bottom??

How did the lift effect your Bullbar mounting??

Im not to worried about the bumpers and all that, im going to make my own.

ALL THESE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think im most worried about the radiator and lines underneath the vehicle. They need to be very secure for the kind of stuff i do!!!

no sweat Pete

first question: 2" lift = yes, cause in south aus 2" legal, 3" not legal (yes 2" = 50mm)

second question: brake lines mounted on chassis, you dont need to touch them, However when they get near & disappear in to the engine bay they will have coils in the metal lines. when you jack the body off of the chassis these metal coils expand vertically. before my lift i was also very worried about this, but a friend explained to me what happens and when i saw it in real life on my vehicle i was happy.

in other words you dont in anyway modify the brake line mountings.

third question: as i only did 2" i did not have to touch my t-case lever = sweet

forth question: i did not move my radiator BUT this is becasue of the upcoming engine swap, i didnt bother. will look into it when i change the motor. plan at the moment is to get a spot weld drill bit and dill out the spot welds on the lower support and reposition it 2" lower and reweld :)

the bottom locating bracket is actually part of the cab, so it comes up 2" with the lift

fifth question: the bar is mounted in 4 spots. for the main 2 mounts i made some plates out out 10mm think steel, simply just 2 sets of 2 holes 2" apart :) the two locating supports i made small plates again with holes 2" apart. with my bar there was no problem with clearances however i did have to remove the skinny black plastic trim under the indicators. otherwise the two main plates i made were directly touching them.

-study-

steve

gear leaver too short???

the gear shifter is long enough, its the transfer case shifter that can be too sort

Matt suggested a leaver from a HB or you could weld some extensions in IF its too short

:)

Hmmmm.

I like the radiator and brake line stuff, i didn't notice when i had my radiator out last.

Ok, looking around the engine bay, i see the disstance between the airfilter and the intake to the turbo is going to extend by 2". Might have to work on that.