The Heretic

RedPath88

The Heretic

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA - December 12, 2007 – An engine swap of epic proportions will happen sometime in February 2007 when car builder Wheel to Wheel Powertrain finally lowers the 1,000+ horsepower twin-turbocharged LS7 small-block Corvette engine in between the frame rails of ’The Heretic’ - a 2006 Ford Mustang project. In conjunction with powerTV, the leading online video motorsport network, Wheel to Wheel is assembling this aptly named project vehicle which will arouse emotion aplenty.

Chevy in a Ford = heretic?

Maybe inflammatory at best, redundant is more like it. Heck, how many T-buckets and deuce coupes actually had Ford powerplants? Maybe 10%?

Now, how about a twin turbo Toyota engine? Or a Porsche? Or Ferrari?

Now that would be heresy... sly

I'm gonna say the same thing I did on my local racing forum.... Twin turbo, 1000+ HP mustangs are getting to be a dime a dozen, its been done quite a few times with the 4.6 and 5.0 blocks. Hell, I've personally ridden in 2 1000+ HP daily driven mustangs. The only way I'd consider a bowtie motor in a mustang cool is if they were creating unheard of power numbers...which they arent.

mws..I hope your jokin about the twin turbo toyota..cuz they made them from the factory, and there's a virtual butt ton of them pushin near & over 1000 HP.

Nobody needs a 1000 HP for just driving around...but if you keep your foot off the floor, both of the ones that I'm familiar with get a lil better gas mileage than my mustang...and your pathy by about double. Twin turbo mustangs...tuned properly, are very very reliable DD's.

Hmm, 1000 hp mustang will get 30-35 mpg around town ?? LOL

Ok, maybe they are reliable (for a ford) but my opinion is that it is still very silly...  :shrug:

B

26-28mpg...yes. As long as you stay outta the boost. Why is it silly? That's a matter of opinion..I'm sure there's plenty of people that would think our passion for a old nissan is silly..but it's not their problem to worry about. I just happen to own a pathy and a soon to be TT mustang. :beer:

I'm sorry, but if you think this is silly..I'm at a loss for words

Here's one of the two I've personally been in.

Reese's Twin turbo 2valve Saleen. Location..Albuquerque NM.

http://home.comcast.net/~gt350hinvegas/TTSaleen.wmv

Edited by Pavelow Leaks

I'm not tryin to start an argument, just stating, if done right, a turbo mustang is very streetable, even @ high boost, and get's better gas mileage than stock. Thats not an opinion..it's fact. As for thinkin its silly, to each his own..I don't care if you like it or not.

Yeah, thats what I need... 1,000+ HP for driving around. 

Hmm, let's see...

2006 Ford Mustang (modified)

1,000 HP / 3,373 lb curb weight = .29 HP/lbs.

2005 Honda CBR100XX (stock)

152 BHP / 500 lb curb weight (dry) = .3 HP/lbs

Looks like you've already got that on tap there, B. And without a 10 point cage, either. :P

LMAO !! Good homework, you bastage...

Ok, to clarify...

1) the CBR1100XX is NOT a daily driver !

2) The average MPG on a 6,000 mile trip was 44.9

3) Muscle cars are for boys, bikes are for men

4) It's for sale come spring

Oh...

And without a 10 point cage

I have found that being thrown clear (of the bike) is desirable. Just try to aim down the highway or at least away from trees... :blink:

B

I have found that being thrown clear (of the bike) is desirable. Just try to aim down the highway or at least away from trees... 

Yeah, me too. I slid down the road about 130 yards by myself, the bike on the other hand flipped prolly three times and took out a mailbox post made from a 4" I-beam buried in cement.

post-25-1171061326.jpg

For me, I'd sport an Audi S2 quattro with the 3.6 liter V8 twin turbo swap from O34 motor sports, putting about 900 hp or mabey even a 20vT 5cyl putting about 1100 HP to the ground! I'd take either xD Then drive a Z06 as the daily LOL.